OT: UB and St. Bonaventure in March Madness

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Don't know how many watched that UB game, but not exaggerating when I say that was one of the most impressive performances by an NCAA basketball team I've ever seen. Obviously it's only the opening round, so I mean in a vacuum, it wasn't the national championship or anything. But their guards made everything and played really well defensively. Unbelievable to watch.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
UB plays by far the biggest game in their history at 5:15 on St. Patrick’s Day.

Be safe out there everybody

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
UB plays by far the biggest game in their history at 5:15 on St. Patrick’s Day.

Be safe out there everybody
Holy hell, I didn’t put that together.

Checking in with the youngest sister will be required, though not a bad end to the final semester of her senior year, I guess.

Happy for the Bulls.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
What went wrong for Arizona vs. Buffalo
So proud, but it's only one game. I'd be ecstatic if they managed to go deeper in this tournament.

My wife is a pretty big college & pro football fan, and college basketball fan. It's great because it's one of several interests we share. My wife's undergrad degree is from Arizona, and she's a Sean Miller / Wildcat fan for basketball. When ARI & UB drew each other in the bracket we laughed at it being in Boise and how hard it would be for fans of both teams to get there. We watched last night. She went in to bed with UB up by 12 points, I stayed up to watch the carnage and decimation. This AM we were watching Golic and Wingo as we prepared for work and I said maybe Arizona was distracted by the Sean Miller accusations and she said nope, Arizona just took Buffalo for granted.

When I filled in my bracket, I picked ARI to win, but put them in parentheses to indicate I was only picking them because of her rooting interest.

Kentucky will be a huge test for the Bulls. I watched them against Tennessee in the SEC championship and they're deserving of their seed.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
This wasn't like the normal upset where the lower team shoots better. UB was beating them off the dribble regularly.

It's encouraging that Kentucky's guards have had their troubles guarding, also. Although, we know they're not going to jack up a bunch of awful 3s like Arizona did.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
UB just looked like a way better team than Arizona last night. What a treat to see. Here's to beating Kentucky this evening.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
UB just looked like the pressure finally got to them. When they cut it to 5 and had the opportunity for the 3, that was the moment, but they bricked it, Kentucky came down the other way and got a 3 point play, and that was it. Still, a fantastic run for them. Now comes the hard part: even with the new extension in hand, they gotta keep Oats. Pittsburgh would seem like a great fit for him. But if they can keep him around, with everyone other than Clark returning, they should have a shot again of making noise in March.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad