U20 Team USA: six players added

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
an * needs to be put next to the roster being complete...the kings and canucks still have to agree to release brown and kesler or usa will need to add 2 more forwards

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
NYR469 said:
an * needs to be put next to the roster being complete...the kings and canucks still have to agree to release brown and kesler or usa will need to add 2 more forwards

True, which is why I wish USA Hockey had avoided alienating Robbie Schremp.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I can't believe Shcremp isn't on the roster to begin with :shakehead. I was realllly looking forward to see him play. Hopefully the Kings will keep Brown.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Enoch said:
I can't believe Shcremp isn't on the roster to begin with :shakehead. I was realllly looking forward to see him play. Hopefully the Kings will keep Brown.

That's what he gets for ******* with the brass of Team USA for using them as a bargaining chip to get a transfer out of Missasauga...nice selfish attitude *****

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Seven_Nation_Army said:
That's what he gets for ******* with the brass of Team USA for using them as a bargaining chip to get a transfer out of Missasauga...nice selfish attitude *****

I still want to see him play :joker:! I thought there was also some issue about the money to bring him to play or some crap like that. Do you know if thats correct?

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
NYR469 said:

Why dont the Americans have an training camp like the canadians?
im not sure about the other teams but it seems like a good idea

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Kugel said:
Are the americans really that good? they have some good forwards but goaltending and D depth look like concerns.

Sure, Canadians and Russians are legitimate favourite. But don't count Americans out of the gold race. They were fourth last year and they have what 10 players back from last year. This is also about the same roster who won U18 18 months ago.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kugel said:
Are the americans really that good? they have some good forwards but goaltending and D depth look like concerns.

I don't think there's a problem with the goaltending or defense at all, and the forwards are outstanding. The U.S. has just as good a chance of winning as Canada or Russia IMO.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Rabid Ranger said:
I don't think there's a problem with the goaltending or defense at all, and the forwards are outstanding. The U.S. has just as good a chance of winning as Canada or Russia IMO.
Yep but the Canadian will be short handed.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Rabid Ranger said:
At forward maybe, but that's it.

oooooooh, in that case maybe Schremp should try and get citizenship from canada (hes been there enough through out his life) and pull a Murray and go to one countries team just cause' he can't make the original team he tried out for! :) It's perfectly legal but there's still something not right about what Murray did (i just can't call him by that first name, i'm guessing that was his moms doing and not Andy's) Whatever, USA is worse off for it.
anyone know any email addresses i can flood with hate mail from usahockey? :)

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
The fact that Rob Schremf isn't there is surprising but less than the fact that Josh Hennessy isn't there.

He is a lot better than the majority of the team but because he plays in Canada team USA didn't chose him.

I'm sure USA will someday regret their mistake.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Anfernic said:
The fact that Rob Schremf isn't there is surprising but less than the fact that Josh Hennessy isn't there.

He is a lot better than the majority of the team but because he plays in Canada team USA didn't chose him.

I agree, josh is having a terrific season in Quebec and he deserved an invitation.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Rabid Ranger said:
At forward maybe, but that's it.
Actually foward means a lot.Team Canada will missing Burn,Bouchard,Nash(currently lead the nhl in goals),Bergeron(Calder candidate),Staal(also a Calder candidate)and Horton.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Anfernic said:

Well, he is 8th in Q scoring, and was the player of the week last week, but I don't think that necessarily means he should have been named to the team. If there is one spot the U.S. is strong at, it's at forward, and there are several guys on the teams that are Hennessey's equal or better at that spot.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Well, he is 8th in Q scoring, and was the player of the week last week, but I don't think that necessarily means he should have been named to the team. If there is one spot the U.S. is strong at, it's at forward, and there are several guys on the teams that are Hennessey's equal or better at that spot.

Are there 12 forwards that are better? player of the week 2 of the last three weeks.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
FiveforFighting said:
Are there 12 forwards that are better? player of the week 2 of the last three weeks.

Something that has to be realized is that the US wasn't looking for who was better, they wanted kids who play well together, have played together, and can play certain roles. The majority of their picks played together at the WJC last year or were part of the USNTDP.

I say good for them...what is the use of having a "National Team Development Program" if you don't use it to produce your national team? It honors a designation that no doubt these kids wanted when they signed up for the USNTDP. USA is trying to build team chemistry instead of just putting an All-Star team out there and letting them try to fill the nets. Which I also might add is a similar strategy they used in the 1980 Olympics, but that is another whole situation ;) , it won't be a miracle if the US wins, but I would definitely point to the strategic roster planning as the key, by the same token if they lose, alot of people will be wondering why the above mentioned players that are more talented were left off of the roster, so it is important that they perform well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TMHUNH said:
Something that has to be realized is that the US wasn't looking for who was better, they wanted kids who play well together, have played together, and can play certain roles. The majority of their picks played together at the WJC last year or were part of the USNTDP.

I say good for them...what is the use of having a "National Team Development Program" if you don't use it to produce your national team? It honors a designation that no doubt these kids wanted when they signed up for the USNTDP. USA is trying to build team chemistry instead of just putting an All-Star team out there and letting them try to fill the nets. Which I also might add is a similar strategy they used in the 1980 Olympics, but that is another whole situation ;) , it won't be a miracle if the US wins, but I would definitely point to the strategic roster planning as the key, by the same token if they lose, alot of people will be wondering why the above mentioned players that are more talented were left off of the roster, so it is important that they perform well.

Great points. Team chemistry is an important factor in international competition, and by taking this approach, USA Hockey is making sure they will have a roster of kids who haved played together in the past, and have won. I think it's the right approach, regardless of how I feel about certain players being left off the team.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Word out of Grand Forks, ND is that Drew Stafford, a forward with the University of North Dakota, will be making the trip with the US team. Whether that means a player on the US team is injured, or a player is perhaps not going to be released by his NHL team, I don't know. I guess we will know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->