U20 Sweden beats Russia 4-1, Sweden also beats Chechz with 5-0(four nations in Växjö)

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Sweden beat Russia 4-1.

1-0 Loui Eriksson assisted by Daniel Ã…hsberg
2-0 Johan Harju assisted by Johannes Salmonsson
3-0 Loui Eriksson assisted by Daniel Ã…hsberg
1-3 Dimitry Vorobjev assisted by Yakov Rylow
4-1 Linus Videll assisted by Carl Söderberg and Ola Svanberg

Shots: Sweden - Russia 20 - 27

GK David Rautio in sweden stopped 26 shots.

Lines:
GK KHUDOBIN, Anton

1st PERVYSHIN, Andrei - MEGALINSKY, Dmitry
GALIMOV, Alexander - SHAFIGULLIN, Grigory - GLAZACHEV, Konstantin

2st RYLOV, Yakov AKSENENKO, Alexander
PARSHIN, Denis - MALKIN, Evgeny - VOLOSHENKO, Roman

3st VOROBJEV, Dimitry - PANIN, Grigory
LISIN, Enver - PESTUNOV, Dimitri - MAKAROV, Konstantin

4st MISHARIN, Grigory - SELUYANOV, Vyacheslav
SALNIKOV, Sergei - OGORODNIKOV, Sergei - PESTUSHKO, Maxim

Swedish lines :
David Fredriksson - Carl Söderberg - Linus Videll
Nicklas Bergfors - Mikael Johansson - Robert Nilsson
Daniel Ã…hsberg - Linus Persson - Loui Eriksson
Johannes Salmonsson - Mattias Hellström - Johan Harju

Ola Svanberg - Nicklas Grossman
Anton Strålman - Elias Granath
Johan Fransson - Oscar Hedman
Niklas Andersson

David Rautio
(Christopher Heino-Lindbergh)

Last edited:

leafaholix*

Dmitry Vorobyev... :D

Good prospect we've got, nice to see him put up a goal.

leafaholix*

Hmm, now to find a Russian Leafs fan living in Sweden... :teach:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Predatore said:
Stars prospects Grossman and Fransson had also good games. But as usual, I wasn't impressed with Elias Granath.

Good to hear...at first I questioned the selection of Grossman that high in the draft, but its starting to look like the scouts knew what they were doing.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
X-SHARKIE said:
Yeah The Stars made two great moves in consecutive drafts by trading down. IMO it made up for the Martin Vagner pick. I'm glad they picked him though or else the Sharks might have taken him at 27 lol.

Not that name again :banghead:

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Predatore said:
Stars prospects Grossman and Fransson had also good games. But as usual, I wasn't impressed with Elias Granath.

Who did Robert Nilsson play with? I've read he looked ok and had some PK time. Any thoughts?

leafaholix*

X-SHARKIE said:
Yeah The Stars made two great moves in consecutive drafts by trading down. IMO it made up for the Martin Vagner pick. I'm glad they picked him though or else the Sharks might have taken him at 27 lol.
That #27 pick isn't looking too great himself... so I guess you're going with the lesser of the two busts... atleast for now.

X-SHARKIE

Leafaholix said:
That #27 pick isn't looking too great himself... so I guess you're going with the lesser of the two busts... atleast for now.

Mike Morris at a bust? He stepped right out of high school to play for NE, one of the worst teams in NCAA the past two years, and he’s there go to guy, plus his play away from the puck is excellent, and his game translates very well into a good third liner with some offense. How can you call him a bust? Sure some guys behind him like Jim Slater look like better players, but I would never call Morris a bust. You haven’t seen him play have you?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
X-SHARKIE said:
Mike Morris at a bust? He stepped right out of high school to play for NE, one of the worst teams in NCAA the past two years, and he’s there go to guy, plus his play away from the puck is excellent, and his game translates very well into a good third liner with some offense. How can you call him a bust? Sure some guys behind him like Jim Slater look like better players, but I would never call Morris a bust. You haven’t seen him play have you?

Morris is an an excellent prospect. He'll be a nice playmaking center for the Sharks in the not so distant future. I wouldn't expect a Leafs fan in Toronto to know that though.

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
Predatore said:

How did Soderberg, Fredriksson, and Andrei Pervyshin look in the game?

I'm a bit surprised that Pervyshin was in the first pairing for Russia.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
rivercanyon said:
Sweden beats the Chechz 5-0.

Nicklas Bergfors ruled today. Loui Eriksson keeps going strong. Check out www.eliteprospects.com will have an article out soon.

Hmm. We have haven´t had a good team like this for the upcoming JWC in YEARS.

What was the boxcore?

Any insight on the 4 Stars prospects is appreciated as well (Granath, Grossman, Fransson and Eriksson)..

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Ott = Snott said:
What was the boxcore?

Any insight on the 4 Stars prospects is appreciated as well (Granath, Grossman, Fransson and Eriksson)..

Loui scored and Grossman had an assist and I think 2 penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad