Post-Game Talk: U18 World Championships

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I wonder if Broberg will make it to 10

Doubt it. Just too much upside. Bowen has more savvy and plays better in traffic but Broberg is probably the better skater and has more range in his play. See Bowen at 3 and likely Broberg doesn't get n by LA. Pushes another choice down to us but if somehow Broberg slips then Canucks aught to be over-turning chairs and knocking tables aside as they rush the stage to make this pick.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Doubt it. Just too much upside. Bowen has more savvy and plays better in traffic but Broberg is probably the better skater and has more range in his play. See Bowen at 3 and likely Broberg doesn't get n by LA. Pushes another choice down to us but if somehow Broberg slips then Canucks aught to be over-turning chairs and knocking tables aside as they rush the stage to make this pick.

100% agree with you, very likely he will get drafted though but that means another player frees up for us.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Byram has played the entire year in the WHL...Nothing against the Dub, but Broberg has been playing against pro players in the Allvenskan and the SHL Super Elit all season. A huge step up in weight class.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I want the Canucks to get a late 1st and select Brett Leason....

Broberg:

Watched about 20 minutes of highlights...

Here’s what I noticed,

Amazing skater, exceptional high end speed. Agility when skating backwards is a little lacking but his iq saves him from everything...He’s so smooth.

Has a smart shot, doesn’t take a lot of slap shots but gets his shots through.

Has very soft hands, makes a lot of nice soft easy to take passes to players. Great passer IMO.

The guy has size, he’s 6’2 and plus 200. I think he plays very soon in the nhl.

I would be stoked to get him at 10. Truthfully, there’s going to be a lot of great options at 10.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Reading some reports about Broberg from hfboard members who’s insight I trust...he has all the tools, but is a higher risk/rewards than the other top defensemen. If he can be properly developed (lol Canucks org), then you might have a top pair defensemen. But the risk is he might never develop the hands to keep up with his feet.

Great top end speed, great shot.
Hands can’t keep up with his feet. Skates in O zone then doesn’t know what to do with the puck. Some question his vision.

If we are going to pick a defensemen, I would prefer York.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Reading some reports about Broberg from hfboard members who’s insight I trust...he has all the tools, but is a higher risk/rewards than the other top defensemen. If he can be properly developed (lol Canucks org), then you might have a top pair defensemen. But the risk is he might never develop the hands to keep up with his feet.

Great top end speed, great shot.
Hands can’t keep up with his feet. Skates in O zone then doesn’t know what to do with the puck. Some question his vision.

If we are going to pick a defensemen, I would prefer York.

So the Virtanen of defensemen?

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I want the Canucks to get a late 1st and select Brett Leason....

Broberg:

Watched about 20 minutes of highlights...

Here’s what I noticed,

Amazing skater, exceptional high end speed. Agility when skating backwards is a little lacking but his iq saves him from everything...He’s so smooth.

Has a smart shot, doesn’t take a lot of slap shots but gets his shots through.

Has very soft hands, makes a lot of nice soft easy to take passes to players. Great passer IMO.

The guy has size, he’s 6’2 and plus 200. I think he plays very soon in the nhl.

I would be stoked to get him at 10. Truthfully, there’s going to be a lot of great options at 10.

I thought hockey IQ was one of the knocks on Broberg?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad