Great Britain: U18 WJC (D2A) discussion

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
End 2nd still 1-0, GB outshooting Romania 35-15

Just need to put the puck in the damn net, I can see this becoming a typical game of EA Sports NHL where you dominate the opponent but their goalie is a god and they score a couple of crappy goals and you end up losing :shakehead

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
End 2nd still 1-0, GB outshooting Romania 35-15

Just need to put the puck in the damn net, I can see this becoming a typical game of EA Sports NHL where you dominate the opponent but their goalie is a god and they score a couple of crappy goals and you end up losing :shakehead

lol the Romanian goalie hasn't even been anything special really.

I bet Stratford is kicking himself a ton for missing that empty net.

The PP is starting to drive me nuts because it seems like Duggan/Antonov are always out there when a penalty is called lol Attwell just doesn't move his feet enough for me. He's the kid I was really impressed with last year but this year he's spectating half the game then does 1 good rush to make you forget about the rest of his floating lol

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
So if Korea loses to Netherlands and Croatia, GB beats Croatia and Lithuania, and Lithuania loses to Romania, GB will be promoted.

That's a lot of if's lol

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
So if Korea loses to Netherlands and Croatia, GB beats Croatia and Lithuania, and Lithuania loses to Romania, GB will be promoted.

That's a lot of if's lol

a-chance.jpeg

Also, I wonder how much Duggan's godliness in the faceoffs is attributed to my perfect puck dropping over the years :sarcasm:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
that dumb n dumber chance is still alive as Netherlands beats Korea 4-2.

Lithuania is up 2-0 to Romania though which will kill it lol

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Luc Johnson coming back from his separated shoulder. Hopefully he doesn't get hit.

Luc Johnson ‏@LucJohnson1997 3m
Can't wait to play again tonight! So pumped #GB #icehockey

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Every time a line is out for 40 seconds, get a whistle, and then stay on for the faceoff +another minute 30... I get really annoyed.

It's happening way too often.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
lmao arguing the too many men penalty.... I'm watching a live stream and I could see 6 guys on the ice with none of them even looking at the bench.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I just realized, GB will be playing to avoid relegation against Lithuanians and are at very serious risk to drop to D2B with countries like Spain, Iceland and Serbia. That's just an epic fail for a country which has crapload of rinks and 2 (3?) professional hockey leagues..

And all this playing at home.. Wow, just wow. How did this happen?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
The blame lies entirely with Grubb, GB has the talent on the roster to win the tournament but he has coached them terribly

Couldn't agree more.

With any luck he goes back to the 1 line that was working, Antonov-Duggan-Hook. I understand he broke them up in an attempt to create more scoring depth but it didn't work.

If I'm seeing 5-6+ minutes between shifts I might flip lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->