Sep 29, 2009
Free Streams are here: https://icehockeyuk.tv

Roster
Netminders
Denis Bell - Milton Keynes (97)
Jordan Hedley - Milton Keynes (96)

Defence
Callum Buglass - Cardiff (96)
Jordan Crowe - Ontario Hockey Academy (96)
Josh Grieveson - Northwood School (97)
Simon Hobbis - Wightlink (96)
Adam Jones - Lower Austria Stars (96)
Cameron McGiffin - Slough (96)
Callum Read - Whitley Bay (96)
Harvey Stead - Bracknell (96)

Forwards
Ivan Antonov - Bracknell (97)
Will Attwell - Lake Shore Collegiate (96)
Ollie Betteridge - Swindon (96)
Glen Billing - Okanagan UK (97)
Lee Bonner - Hull (97)
Sam Duggan - Bracknell (98)
Alex Forbes - Ontario Hockey Academy (96)
Lewis Hook - Peterborough (96)
Luc Johnson - Okanagan UK (97)
Ben Richards - Whitley Bay (96)
Michael Stratford - Okanagan UK (97)
Alex Whyte - Peterborough (96)

Schedule
24 Mar 2014, Mon - 20:00 GMT - Netherlands vs Great Britain
25 Mar 2014, Tue - 20:00 GMT - South Korea vs Great Britain
27 Mar 2014, Thu - 20:00 GMT - Romania vs Great Britain
29 Mar 2014, Sat - 20:00 GMT - Croatia vs Great Britain
30 Mar 2014, Sun - 20:00 GMT - Lithuania vs Great Britain

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
South Korea is the relegated team this year and I see they're only going to have 2 players eligible from last years roster. Hopefully that inexperience plays into GB's favor. With that said, South Korea is hosting the 2018 Winter Olympics which makes me think they've been spending way more money on player development than any other Div 2A/1B country lol

That 2nd game of the tournament will be the one to watch for sure.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Yes South Korea will be the biggest test, GB really should be beating the other nations at this level if we want to see progression in hockey, all are ranked below us at senior level.

Croatia will likely be a tough out as well. Safe bet would be GB, Croatia, & South Korea in the top 3.

Croatia has tons of returnees who are playing in Austrian & Slovakian leagues, and 1 in Finland. Definitely a huge advantage over GB kids playing in GB junior leagues or barely playing in GB senior teams haha

croAVSfan*

Croatia will likely be a tough out as well. Safe bet would be GB, Croatia, & South Korea in the top 3.

Croatia has tons of returnees who are playing in Austrian & Slovakian leagues, and 1 in Finland. Definitely a huge advantage over GB kids playing in GB junior leagues or barely playing in GB senior teams haha

The most important thing is the key ones ! And there is one that plays in jugend bundesliga in Germany. Croatia is not big favourite for promotion, but I am sure that has equal shot just like GBR and Korea.:)

Hopefully British ice hockey federation will stream games for free this time:laugh:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I think this year's team is better

With the amount of returning kids, next years team should be even better :laugh:

As usual, I take my shot in the dark guess at line combos:
Betteridge-Hook-Attwell
Antonov-Duggan-Bonner
Billing-Stratford-Johnson
Forbes-Whyte-Richards

and as usual, I have no idea what to expect from the D. Adam Jones was on the ice a lot at the U20s so I'm assuming he'll be one of their leaders on the back end.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Team GB Ice Hockey ‏@TeamGBicehockey 3m
GB U18s beat Korea 5-3 in their warm-up game at @dumfriesicebowl goals for Alex Whyte, Alex Forbes, Lewis Hook, Ben Richards & Ivan Antonov

I wonder what the lines were

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
They've since corrected the tweet, I assume an empty net goal

Team GB Ice Hockey ‏@TeamGBicehockey 8m
GB 18s beat Korea 6-3 in warm-up game at @dumfriesicebowl - goals include Alex Whyte, Alex Forbes, Lewis Hook, Ben Richards & Ivan Antonov

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
We already knew Lewis Hook was the GB captain but the assistants are Ollie Betteridge ('96) and Sam Duggan (98)

Also, Adam Jones is not on the final list. #Owen Griffiths will take his spot (plays forward though)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
My god this refs a ****ing moron... The peg goes 2cm into the ice, you standing there pushing the net is going to take it off the peg lol

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

The most important thing is the key ones ! And there is one that plays in jugend bundesliga in Germany. Croatia is not big favourite for promotion, but I am sure that has equal shot just like GBR and Korea.:)

After watching first period of Croatia - Lithuania game, it doesn't look that way aaaaaat alllllll. Lithuanians dominating Croatia, at least in terms of puck possession. And it looks it's getting even worse for Croatians in the second.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
After watching first period of Croatia - Lithuania game, it doesn't look that way aaaaaat alllllll. Lithuanians dominating Croatia, at least in terms of puck possession. And it looks it's getting even worse for Croatians in the second.

Ye the Croatians aren't looking too great but they're always one of those countries that work their bums off all tournament.

That Korean goalie looked awful... but still they're going to be in the top 3 lol

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I'm on my computer and the stream is constantly buffering so good luck on your phone lol

2-2 after 1 is a bit disappointing.

lines are:
Antonov-Duggan-Hook
Betteridge-Attwell-Forbes
Bonner-Whyte-Richards
Stratford-Johnson-Billing

not sure about the D but a lot of Harvey Stead.

PP unit is:
Antonov-Duggan-Hook with Buglass-Forbes on D.

They played the entire PP & a half they've had so I donno what the 2nd unit looks like.

PK units are:
Johnson-Billing
Griffiths-Whyte
Duggan-Hook

Will Attwell looks a lot worse than last year... last year he was buzzing all over the ice and had the best hands out there but so far he's floating around, watching the play, and getting stick checked by Netherlands players lol

Hook-Duggan-Antonov on the PP have all sorts of time and space on the PP but they don't seem to have a plan lol they were literally standing still 5 feet apart passing it to each other at one point. Something that I'm sure will be figured out as the tournament goes on.

GB team is hilariously tiny. Luc Johnson looks like the little kids who came out for the opening ceremony.

I'll try to figure out the D pairs but odds are I'll keep ignoring them lol they're always so soft on GB.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
If you didn't see the goals on your phone

First goal for GB was a nothing shot but Bonner went hard to the net and knocked in the rebound.

Second goal was Duggan going coast to coast and back handed right by the tendy for his first GB goal.

loser

Sep 23, 2013
Yup but Bonner sholud have never got that rebound,it was a weak shot goalie did a bad job on that one,defence as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad