GDT: U18s - CAN/USA @ 7:30AM, RUS/SWE @ 11:30 AM

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Podkolzin is just not impressive at all. 1 assist through 3 games and looks like he'll be pointless again with 6:30 minutes left of the game against Sweden.

If you had no clue about this draft you'd never guess he was a top3 ranked prospect.

This is your typical Podkolzin sequence. Get the puck, rush it, and force a play/shot that isn't there. He's on a 3-on-2 with his teammates in great positions. All he needs to do is slow down slightly and wait for the seam to open up and bam, Russia likely scores a goal there, but no he has to go for the shot himself. Not a sign of a cerebral player. I'd guarantee that anyone of Turcotte, Dach, Krebs, Boldy or Zegras would've made a smarter play there.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Also Simon Holmström (#25 for Sweden) showed more in this sequence alone than Podkolzin has done this whole game.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Podkolzin is just not impressive at all. 1 assist through 3 games and looks like he'll be pointless again with 6:30 minutes left of the game against Sweden.

If you had no clue about this draft you'd never guess he was a top3 ranked prospect.

This is your typical Podkolzin sequence. Get the puck, rush it, and force a play/shot that isn't there. He's on a 3-on-2 with his teammates in great positions. All he needs to do is slow down slightly and wait for the seam to open up and bam, Russia likely scores a goal there, but no he has to go for the shot himself. Not a sign of a cerebral player. I'd guarantee that anyone of Turcotte, Dach, Krebs, Boldy or Zegras would've made a smarter play there.

I know it's one sequence in 1 game in 1 tournament but it makes you wonder how he's ranked so high

what are the scout seeing?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I must say I really am starting to fall in love with Zegras' game. He's making me second guess Caufield as my favourite pick at 8. He just does so many amazing things out there.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I must say I really am starting to fall in love with Zegras' game. He's making me second guess Caufield as my favourite pick at 8. He just does so many amazing things out there.
I love him too, lots Marner in his game by my eye. Having him on the 2nd line would be incredible.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Yeah, I'd take him ahead of Caufield, Boldy, Podkolzin if still on the board when we pick

Reactions: Llamamoto

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Lol what? Analysts on Twitter said he had a great game..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->