GDT: U18s - CAN/USA @ 7:30AM, RUS/SWE @ 11:30 AM

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Same

I'd much rather have the potential line driver and offensively dynamic player over a small one dimensional goal scorer
Line driver with elite vision over a goal scorer all day. We can find goal scorers anywhere in the draft. Doesn't have to be the absolute best(Caufield/Kaliyev)

Reactions: KYams17

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Line driver with elite vision over a goal scorer all day. We can find goal scorers anywhere in the draft. Doesn't have to be the absolute best(Caufield/Kaliyev)

Not arguing for/against either Zegras or Caufield here but you can't find goalscorers like Caufield anywhere in the draft. This is a guy who is likely going to be a perennial 40+ goal scorer in the NHL. There aren't many of those around and those that exist were picked high in the draft (Ovechkin, Laine, Stamkos, Kane, Tavares, Matthews to name the most obvious ones).

Reactions: McDoused

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not arguing for/against either Zegras or Caufield here but you can't find goalscorers like Caufield anywhere in the draft. This is a guy who is likely going to be a perennial 40+ goal scorer in the NHL. There aren't many of those around and those that exist were picked high in the draft (Ovechkin, Laine, Stamkos, Kane, Tavares, Matthews to name the most obvious ones).
The Oilers have a 50 goal scorer. We need another line driver more than anything. Laine and Stamkos are similar to Caufield. If they are not scoring, they're pretty useless. Kane and Tavares I would say are more like Zegras. Lethal wrister to go with the elite vision

Reactions: 780il

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
The Oilers have a 50 goal scorer. We need another line driver more than anything. Laine and Stamkos are similar to Caufield. If they are not scoring, they're pretty useless. Kane and Tavares I would say are more like Zegras. Lethal wrister to go with the elite vision

Oilers has some of the worst depth (goal)scoring in the entire league. Guys like McDavid, Drai and RNH can all drive a line but they need someone to finish the play. That's what the Oilers are missing most of all up front, especially a goalscorer that's right-handed. I'm not against taking Zegras, but he too is a set-up man, so who is going to finish his plays? Literally, who? There's no one there.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers has some of the worst depth (goal)scoring in the entire league. Guys like McDavid, Drai and RNH can all drive a line but they need someone to finish the play. That's what the Oilers are missing most of all up front, especially a goalscorer that's right-handed. I'm not against taking Zegras, but he too is a set-up man, so who is going to finish his plays? Literally, who? There's no one there.
Maksimov, Bouchard, Bear, Yamamoto, Persson who will all be ready when Caufield is ready. Doesn't necessarily have to be a winger to be a trigger man. We can also draft Bobby Brink in the 2nd round

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Maksimov, Bouchard, Bear, Yamamoto, Persson who will all be ready when Caufield is ready. Doesn't necessarily have to be a winger to be a trigger man. We can also draft Bobby Brink in the 2nd round
I’d be shocked if he’s there for our 2nd round pick

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I think Brink will end going closer to #10 than the second round.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I think a lack of drivers in the bottom 9 is more so an issue than goalscorers.

If Kyle Brodziak is the primary puck carrier/puck distributor on your 3rd line, it's doesn't really matter who can shoot.

Reactions: 780il

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->