U18 Russia - Player evaluation

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Just for fun, evaluate players from U18:

In ordre for the forward:

1. Nichushkin:

He is so big with skills, speed and protect the puck very well.

2. Buchnevich

He made a lot of great shot in PP and was controling the play a lot in the tournament.

3. Barbashev

He is skilled but he also bring a lot of physical play, very good in both way, a great energy/talent guy.

4. Tkachev

He is my surprise for team russia this tournament, he creates a lot of thing despite his size. A lot of plays were from him and score a couple of nice goal.

5. Tolchinsky

A little bit better than Tkachev I think, but made a little minus in the tournement, but he was very good. Like Tkachev, he needs to be bigger to win more 1 on 1 battle in the corner with strengh but he has so much skill, fast and a good control of the puck.

6. Galeev

The top 5 is very easy, but after that it's tough. I like the hands of Galeev and I think he have potential.

7. Leshenko

I didn't knew him before the tournament, he have good speed and works well, a good team player.

Ivanov, Setdikov, Shatsky, Alexeev:

Some games Ivanov was better, some games it was Shatsky, Setdikov play normal all the tournament, Alexeev had his good flashes, so it's tought to rank.

Svechnikov:

He is 1 year younger and despite his talent, I was thinking he woul do a little bit more, but he is a great players to watch and next year he'll be a important piece for this team!

Tell me your opinion on players !!

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Sedtikov showed some nice skills, fancy stickwork.
Tolchinsky has to have the best stickhandling and quickness in the draft.
Tkachyov, shined last summer in the WJCC in Russia, played better here. Although did make some poor mistakes. Scored goal of the tournament in game against Finland.
Buchnevic, most disappointed with him the last 2 games.
Nichushkin looked tired out there despite all of the goals.
Barbashev certainly skilled, physical. Made some real nice moves but lacked finish. Overall, good.
Leshenko has wheels.
The defence were all too soft in front of the net in the game against the Americans.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->