GDT: U18 Round Robin/QF's

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Shots are 13-1???? WOW. Great job Switzerland. We found the Canuck goalie very hard to beat, hopefully you have a different guy in net.lol

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I would normally shit all over Canadas performance that period but it would kind of be taking away from just how good the Swiss played all over the ice this first period,those guys came to play.

Canada better wake up.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The Swiss look incredible

They outworked Canada that entire period. Leenders the only reason that stayed scoreless

The Swiss inability to score is the reason. Hitting iron twice, wiffing several times, firing countless shots wide and high. The shots that actually hit the net were rather poor, fired right at Leenders. All routine saves. Kirsch actually had to make two difficult saves. I don't think Leenders had to. Swiss are making a poor goalie look like an allstar. No finish at all.

This period is likely gonna cost the Swiss. Should be up by several goals but no finish. Canada is gonna improve and create some chances.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
That's probably game.. Swiss showed they can be a very tough quarter. Looks like they will have US or Finland. Of course a lot can happen.

On a weird note. Czechs play tomorrow and have 3 days off before the Quarters. That is unheard of at U18.. a 3 day break?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I was just going to say I haven't heard Martone's name much this game and he just had a great shift & goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad