GDT: U18 Round Robin/QF's

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Great PK there

I have to leave for work, so can't watch the rest till later. That 1st was way too close, but I believe the same happened vs the Americans and Latvia kinda dropped after that.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada needs to get a couple more goals here soon you leave it at 2-0 too long and Latvia gets a goal and they start to think maybe just maybe......................

And now Spence takes a roughing penalty, teams been undisciplined all tournament. Not a good time to take one right now.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Supposed this 2006 born being a good age group for Finland
and if it was then where that evaluation was based on.

Seemed kinda mediocre age group behind Helenius, Kiviharju and Hemming.
And where that coach came from?

Once again the coach was some goddamn nobody bozo
without any merits etc hockey achievements and game plans.
Who that idiot was who decided hire Marko Kauppinen that moron should be fired and fast.

Even a jackass sees that we are badly behind of USA, Canada and Sweden
about all basic hockey skills. Finnish hockey association seems like more about
3-4th line grinders and workhorses so why in the hell we are forcing talented juniors to same mold.

Being talented skater or excellent goal-scorer
seems to be a cursing-word in Finnish hockey these days.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I think neither Czech nor Slovaks would have been any threat whatsoever against any possible semifinal opponents. The Slovaks won this deservedly but they are also totally toothless and will get a hammering from the big boys. (Or maybe not, but on the basis of this evidence I think yes. Ditto the Czechs, had they beaten Slovakia today.)

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022
I think neither Czech nor Slovaks would have been any threat whatsoever against any possible semifinal opponents. The Slovaks won this deservedly but they are also totally toothless and will get a hammering from the big boys. (Or maybe not, but on the basis of this evidence I think yes. Ditto the Czechs, had they beaten Slovakia today.)
Sweden looks beatable

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
unless something special happens it's going to be

Canada - USA for gold
Sweden - Slovakia for bronze

If USA wins gold and Slovakia is 4th or vice versa, we would get the same groups next year apart from Germany replacing Kazakhstan.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I say Sweden vs US final. Canada vs Slovakia for Bronze.

Just a reminder that Slovkia lost 4-3 to Canada for the Bronze last year. They may still have a medal in them. Team spirit, belief etc.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
From short reading on hf boards this could be a record setting back to back years for Slovakia.

Last year: Team with the Fewest amount of drafted players from upcoming drafted to play for a medal
This year they break their own record: Likely to be the only team in U18 history to have zero players drafted after playing for a medal.

Reactions: Czechboy

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
From short reading on hf boards this could be a record setting back to back years for Slovakia.

Last year: Team with the Fewest amount of drafted players from upcoming drafted to play for a medal
This year they break their own record: Likely to be the only team in U18 history to have zero players drafted after playing for a medal.
its still bugs me that in 2022 we were in lower division, that team had medal, maybe even final apereance in them.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
this year semis are totally unexpected and huge accomplisment, next year and year after that we should attack for medal with 2007s being more ready.

i hope boys will give it all today and have fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad