U18 Draft

Blackadder70

Apr 1, 2019
I think that's the norm for this draft, goalies develop a bit slower

Given that a team can basically "pick a goalie for free", and then draft another player - I don't know how TWENTY goalies didn't go... Six teams didn't exercise the option, which is wierd.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Given that a team can basically "pick a goalie for free", and then draft another player - I don't know how TWENTY goalies didn't go... Six teams didn't exercise the option, which is wierd.
Yeah...the only way that should have happened is if a team saw the chance to draft skaters that they just couldn't pass up with their first two picks, which really doesn't seem possible in the U18 Draft.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah...the only way that should have happened is if a team saw the chance to draft skaters that they just couldn't pass up with their first two picks, which really doesn't seem possible in the U18 Draft.

Could just be that some teams felt they had a sufficient number of goalies ready to attend rookie camp. Having too many goalies for scrimmages is a drag for all involved.

Reactions: Otto

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
I think that's the norm for this draft, goalies develop a bit slower
Yes 100%. Happens at every level of hockey, goalies get better with age, won't be surprised to see a few of them on a roster before their junior eligibility is over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad