U18 Draft

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
this is from the OHL website:

Once selected, players will be added to a separately designated Under-18 Priority Selection protected list, distinct from the 50-man protected list for players selected in the OHL Priority Selection or committing to OHL member teams as free agents.

these players aren't even on the 50-man protected list. what a waste of time this is

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
well, here goes nothing:

my first overall projection is Zachary Dietz, goalie from Hamilton Jr. Bulldogs. 1.98GAA in 18 games and 1.54 in 7 playoff games

if I don't get that right, i'll also go Aydin Parekh at 5. don't know where he plays, what he plays, or if he even does play. if I don't get that one, I'll wait for the next rich daddy to buy a team

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
There isn't one U18 player who has made the Spitfires to date. The closest is Pizzutto, who's a D in Jr B LaSalle.

Looks like that is going to change!!! :naughty:

Looks like a unfortunate situation may be developing in Windsor, hope it ain't so.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
his 110 pound unranked brother that went in the 5th round should be a good indicator of where this is going

Last I saw, from multiple sources, was he was up to 134. It's still not great, but it's better than 110. I agree 100% that he should have been a later pick (final few rounds), but he still has to make the club.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Last I saw, from multiple sources, was he was up to 134. It's still not great, but it's better than 110. I agree 100% that he should have been a later pick (final few rounds), but he still has to make the club.

if he wasn’t gonna make the club he would’ve been picked later. seems like no one else planned on taking him

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
well, here goes nothing:

my first overall projection is Zachary Dietz, goalie from Hamilton Jr. Bulldogs. 1.98GAA in 18 games and 1.54 in 7 playoff games

if I don't get that right, i'll also go Aydin Parekh at 5. don't know where he plays, what he plays, or if he even does play. if I don't get that one, I'll wait for the next rich daddy to buy a team

and I’m 0 for 1. got the position right tho

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
5 goalies taken in the top 10, 14 altogether and the lowest was pick #37.

Was there a drop off in goalies drafted in the regular draft the last 2 years?

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Your team is poised for improvement next season as it is, the gong show that's happening in Windsor could just vault you guys into a playoff spot
Ahhh...yeah, that. I'll take a playoff birth anyway we can get it, but, speaking from from the perspective of a fanbase that's just been through 4 years of what is staring Windsor in the face, I feel bad that they will have to go through what lies ahead.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->