Not open for further replies.

The K Man

May 7, 2011
Calgary
Guys that I think are pretty much locks

Forwards: Zucker, Bjugstad, Coyle, Grimaldi, Etem, Biggs, Watson

Defensemen: Tinordi, Forbort, Faulk, Clendening, Merrill

Goalies: Campbell

We need 6/7 more forwards, 1/2 more defensemen, and a goalie. What does your rough roster look like?

You think Biggs is a lock? I heard he was unimpressive at the first camp, but I really hope he turns it around.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
JT Miller?

He was one of the guys I considered putting as a lock. Very good chance he's there if you ask me.

Brandon Saad and Stephen Johns.

Same as above, I'd be surprised if any of these guys didn't make it.

With Biggs, he just seems so suited to a bottom 6 role considering his skillset. Considering the fact that the US doesn't have many other guys that bring what he brings, I think he'll definitely be there, even though he may not be one of the 12 most talented forwards. He'll serve a sort of Stefan Della Rovere role.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
How is Biggs a lock?
He was cut from the team at the Lake Placid evaluation camp, so he's unlikely to make the team.
Perhaps he'll be invited to the December camp, but his play at Miami will determine that.

Any chance Reid Boucher makes it?
Just like Biggs, he was cut, so he's definitely not a lock.

Brock Nelson
He's a '91, so he's too old.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
My guess at the team right now:

Forwards (x13):

Jason Zucker (C) - Charlie Coyle (A) - Nick Bjugstad
JT Miller - Rocco Grimaldi - Emerson Etem
Kenny Agostino - Vince Trochek - Shane Prince
Stefan Noesen - Bill Arnold - Jared Knight
TJ Tynan

Defensemen (x7):

Derek Forbort - Justin Faulk (A)
Jon Merrill - Stephen Johns
Austin Levi - Adam Clendening
Seth Jones

Goalies (x2):

Jack Campbell
John Gibson

4thliner*

Noesen and Prince are virtual locks. Looked great in the summer camp also.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I'm very interested in Knight's standing on the team. Michael Houser is playing out his mind this year but the politics give the edge to Iles and Gibson because they played in the beloved Under 18 program.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Tyler Biggs is not a lock. He's on the outside right now and probably not close enough to even be looking in at a potential spot. Plus, there's current players better at the "physical pest" role than Biggs right now. Look for guys like Knight, Arnold, Brickley, etc. to fill those roles.

Brandon Saad isn't a lock either. No one knows, or is telling, why he declined his invite to the Summer Camp. Those with contacts to the inner workings of them team don't know. Some have speculated he was injured but if that were the case it would have come out, and USA Hockey would have just announced it. Either way, it doesn't bode well for Saad's chances of even getting a return invite for the December camp.

Justin Faulk is one to keep an eye on. He'd be the team's best defender and while I still suspect he'll be available for the tournament, the team could be hurt if he's not available give that Connor Murphy (another lock) is most likely unavailable, combined with Jon Merrill's uncertain playing future in the short term. If he can't go, and Murphy doesn't come back sooner than expected and in form, it'll be interesting to see where they go. The '93 d-man class isn't deep. Would be interesting if they choose to go more defensive or if they'd look for another young guy (in addition to Seth Jones) like Nick Ebert, Jacob Trouba, or Jordan Schmaltz to possibly fill in.

BJD

May 26, 2011
USA wjr hockey team

Anyone know what to expect for the roster?
im guessing emerson, palmieri, bjugstad, coyle and zucker will be up front

on the back end im expecting faulk unless he starts getting more games with carolina, merrill and forbort on the backend.

anyone know who else is most likely to make the team?

and any chance reid boucher can make the team if he keeps up his performance in the ohl?

yanokovich

May 31, 2008
Montreal
J.Zucker N.Bjugstad E.Etem
B.Saad B.Arnorld J.Knight
A.Watson C.Coyle K.Hayes
J.Miller C.Brickley T.Biggs
T.Tynan

D.Forbort J.Faulk
J.Merrill A.Clendening
J.Tinordi S.Johns
?

J.Campbell
M.Houser or A.Isles

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Doubtful that Faulk will be there. If he's with Charlotte at the time, it's unlikely that the 'Canes will release him to the WJC. But, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he'll still be up at that point. We recalled him today.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Doubtful that Faulk will be there. If he's with Charlotte at the time, it's unlikely that the 'Canes will release him to the WJC. But, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he'll still be up at that point. We recalled him today.
Why's that?
Four players on the team last year were loaned from professional teams (D'Amigo, Morin, and Palmieri were released from their AHL teams and Leddy was released from the Blackhawks).

Does Carolina have a history of not loaning their eligible professional players or something?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

J.Zucker N.Bjugstad E.Etem
B.Saad B.Arnorld J.Knight
A.Watson C.Coyle K.Hayes
J.Miller C.Brickley T.Biggs
T.Tynan

D.Forbort J.Faulk
J.Merrill A.Clendening
J.Tinordi S.Johns
?

J.Campbell
M.Houser or A.Isles