U.S. TV schedule sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I don't know what their doing in Canada. But the U.S. coverage blows....their airing so many live games, as a result games are on at like 7,8,9am....this is no good for anyone who works and stinks for most of the population under the age of 30 on weekends who are not yet awake at this time. I would think their ratings would be better if they tape delayed the games.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
In case you failed to realize this, all the hockey games are being broadcast LIVE and Italy is 6 hours ahead of us. Sure they probably could have taped and run the games later in the day but I choose to be thankful that they are broadcasting each and every hockey game in the Olympics and they are broadcasting all the USA game commercial free. And they will actually show more events with this programming schedule than they ever have before.

P.S. Games on during work = why we have VCRs and TIVO.

shawn_kemp*

BMOK33 said:
I don't know what their doing in Canada. But the U.S. coverage blows....their airing so many live games, as a result games are on at like 7,8,9am....this is no good for anyone who works and stinks for most of the population under the age of 30 on weekends who are not yet awake at this time. I would think their ratings would be better if they tape delayed the games.

Do you realize that the Europeans had to watch games at night or early in the morning in 1998 and 2002 ... and will again in 2010?

harper

Feb 4, 2006
Get your vcr out. American coverage of the olympics always blows. it blows my mind too! because they put out so much money for it, but i am surprised that their coverage is in the morning, i remember american coverage being very limited, and virtually restricted to the evenings. plus they dedicate so much time to "heart warming human interest stories", preferably involving overcoming obstacles and pinch of love or something. But an american friend told me that there were secondary channels that had more in depth coverage.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're broadcasting every game.... I'll take it, even though I won't be able to see half of them

shawn_kemp*

I still envy you. all the games on TV! I'll only get parts of some games where I live ...

ktulu98

Nov 24, 2005
slovakia
shawn_kemp said:
Do you realize that the Europeans had to watch games at night or early in the morning in 1998 and 2002 ... and will again in 2010?

yeah and every NHL game we have to see at night and early morning...
mostly from 01.05, 02.05 and 03.05...

I am Jack's Fish

And if the games were only on tape delay, there would be people *****ing that they already know the scores of the games from earlier, and would complain that watching the games would be useless.

Daaaaaaaaaaammmn you International Time Zones!! DAMMMMMNNNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUU!

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I am Jack's Fish said:
And if the games were only on tape delay, there would be people *****ing that they already know the scores of the games from earlier, and would complain that watching the games would be useless.
Yep

Can't believe someone's complaining about every game being shown. :shakehead

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
BMOK33 said:

Heres an idea: Its the Olympics. I think for 2 weeks, you can get out of bed a little earlier, no?

BTW, does anyone have a link to which games will actually be shown?(Obviously they cannot show them all due to overlapping)

EliCash

Aug 2, 2005
Boston
octopi said:
Heres an idea: Its the Olympics. I think for 2 weeks, you can get out of bed a little earlier, no?

BTW, does anyone have a link to which games will actually be shown?(Obviously they cannot show them all due to overlapping)

I've been looking for info on this too. But I think they will just play it by ear and show the game that is more intriguing. You know, if Switzerland and Italy are playing at the same time as Russia and Sweden, the former game is going to get little to no air time, unless the other game is out of hand.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
BMOK33 said:
instead of american idol? - are you kidding?

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
It's better than not seeing every game. I'm a Canadian, and I'm living in California at the moment, so, damn, I'm thankful that NBC and their affiliates are showing every single hockey game on TV. Live at that.

I am Jack's Fish

Flicktron said:
It's better than not seeing every game. I'm a Canadian, and I'm living in California at the moment, [\QUOTE]

wait, you are a Canadian living in California at the moment?

Ummm, please send us your address and don't leave your house for the next two days.

Oh, and pack your bags as well. Wouldn't hurt, trust me.

Excuse me while I make a phone call.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Flicktron said:
It's better than not seeing every game. I'm a Canadian, and I'm living in California at the moment, so, damn, I'm thankful that NBC and their affiliates are showing every single hockey game on TV. Live at that.

Quick question...in the good old USA, we get to see all the US games, right? We don't get to watch games that don't involve the USA, do we??

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Remy said:
Quick question...in the good old USA, we get to see all the US games, right? We don't get to watch games that don't involve the USA, do we??

NBC is broadcasting EVERY game on their various networks. Not just the US games. The US games will be commercial free if I remember correctly.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
Hockeyfan02 said:
NBC is broadcasting EVERY game on their various networks. Not just the US games. The US games will be commercial free if I remember correctly.
Do you have a link to the game times as they will be shown in the U.S.?

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Remy said:

Again, for the challenged readers....I'll quote my post from above with highlights:

......I choose to be thankful that they are broadcasting each and every hockey game in the Olympics and they are broadcasting all the USA games commercial free.

All 56 Olympic hockey games LIVE on television in the US. Men's AND Women's competitions.

NANDOAL

Aug 3, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
BMOK33 said:

Buy a TIVO!!

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
well seeing that i work mon-fri 8-5 im not gonna be on the boards for those 2 weeks...i dont want to see any scores till i watch it (now i gotta remeber how to work a vcr) :dunno:

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
missK said:
Again, for the challenged readers....I'll quote my post from above with highlights:

All 56 Olympic hockey games LIVE on television in the US. Men's AND Women's competitions.

Oh, so very sorry. I'll try and do better next time, I promise.

For the people that were wanting a schedule of every hockey game, this was the best I could come up with:

Complete Olympic TV Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad