Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
maximil said:
I concur.

I saw Malone play a number of times this year (more than 15, less than 25) and he is far from a terrible skater. I wonder if the person who said that has even seen him play. Malone has very good mobility for a big man, but he does not have out of this world wheels (but who cares). This is the first time I have ever seen someone say he is an awful skater.

danista

Mar 25, 2004
Cologne, Germany
cagney said:
I just checked the USA hockey website and it appears they've retracted any statement regarding Scott Gomez participating. However, they still have Hall, Hilbert and Sloan listed. What's the deal?

Gomez won't play for Team USA. This was announced while the Exhibition Game against Germany.

hgo

Mar 21, 2004
Manhattan
Doesn't anyone else think that DiPietro should be invited over Brent Johnson?

(Or for that matter, that Russian league Goalie...)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Islesfan said:
Doesn't anyone else think that DiPietro should be invited over Brent Johnson?

(Or for that matter, that Russian league Goalie...)

Yes, if he were to be invited he would be the starter but two things, well three:

1. Brent Johnson wasn't invited.

2. The team already has 3 goalies.

3. DiPietro is having minor knee surgery.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Is Mark Eaton getting a look? I think he's on par with most any defenseman on the team already and probably fits international hockey better than players like Jillson and Mara. I mean he was the best defenseman on a playoff hockey team afterall :D

Hitman*

Damn. I was hoping to see the Ferarro's again :p

Glad to see the US is sending a real team this time. THey should do well.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
SmokeyClause said:
Is Mark Eaton getting a look? I think he's on par with most any defenseman on the team already and probably fits international hockey better than players like Jillson and Mara. I mean he was the best defenseman on a playoff hockey team afterall :D

He turned down the invitation so he could bulk up over the summer for next season.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Rabid Ranger said:
Hilbert and Sloan are. Hall is a nice player who is only getting better.

i was going to say. hall was arguably one of nashville's best forwards against detroit, and he had a great WC last year, as well, with 3 goals. he made much more impact in this year's playoffs than gomez did, for sure.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Hilbert and Sloan are. Hall is a nice player who is only getting better.

too soon to label hilbert as filler or a bust. in fact, put me on record that he scores 20 goals for the b's whenever the next full season is. and i bet he'll surprise more than a few people with a solid international showing in this tourney.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
neelynugs said:
too soon to label hilbert as filler or a bust. in fact, put me on record that he scores 20 goals for the b's whenever the next full season is. and i bet he'll surprise more than a few people with a solid international showing in this tourney.

I agree. I was mainly thinking of Blake Sloan as "filler." That guy is a dime a dozen player.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The Word document at usahockey.com that lists the U.S. roster no longer includes Gomez, so I guess he isn't on the team.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Anybody seen USA practise or play? Im intereted in line combinations. They could be like:

Battaglia-Drury-Hall
Halpern-Cullen-Malone
Westrum-Park-Grier
Brown-Hilbert-Sloan

Dont know much about Westrum or Hilbert, but they seemed to be good goal scorers in minor leagues.

Also how about a line
Battaglia-Halpern-Grier a possibility??

Well anyway Drury is no.1 center, after that it´s Cullen, Halpern, Park?? Comments?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
mikkoz said:
Anybody seen USA practise or play? Im intereted in line combinations. They could be like:

Battaglia-Drury-Hall
Halpern-Cullen-Malone
Westrum-Park-Grier
Brown-Hilbert-Sloan

Dont know much about Westrum or Hilbert, but they seemed to be good goal scorers in minor leagues.

Also how about a line
Battaglia-Halpern-Grier a possibility??

Well anyway Drury is no.1 center, after that it´s Cullen, Halpern, Park?? Comments?

Drury will probably play with Grier, as they are linemates in Buffalo. Halpern and Battaglia are teammates in Washington, so they might link up as well on the U.S. squad.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Rabid Ranger said:
Drury will probably play with Grier, as they are linemates in Buffalo. Halpern and Battaglia are teammates in Washington, so they might link up as well on the U.S. squad.
Weren´t Halpern, Battaglia & Grier also same time on washington??

But if what you said, perhaps then:

1. ??-Drury-Grier
2. Battaglia-Halpern-Hall
3. ??-Cullen-??
4. ??-Park-Sloan

What ya think?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
mikkoz said:
Weren´t Halpern, Battaglia & Grier also same time on washington??

But if what you said, perhaps then:

1. ??-Drury-Grier
2. Battaglia-Halpern-Hall
3. ??-Cullen-??
4. ??-Park-Sloan

What ya think?

Park will be on one of the top two lines. He's inconsistent, but a solid offensive player with alot of speed. Here's my lines:

Park-Drury-Grier
Battaglia-Halpern-Malone
Westrum-Cullen-Hall
Sloan-Hilbert-Brown

The U.S. is supposed to name one more forward, so if it's a 1st or 2nd liner, things can change. Not an all-star roster by any stretch, but very quick, with some offensive flair. I don't think the U.S. will have a problem scoring goals, playing defense is a differant story.............

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Rabid Ranger said:
Park will be on one of the top two lines. He's inconsistent, but a solid offensive player with alot of speed. Here's my lines:

Park-Drury-Grier
Battaglia-Halpern-Malone
Westrum-Cullen-Hall
Sloan-Hilbert-Brown

The U.S. is supposed to name one more forward, so if it's a 1st or 2nd liner, things can change. Not an all-star roster by any stretch, but very quick, with some offensive flair. I don't think the U.S. will have a problem scoring goals, playing defense is a differant story.............

I would put Hall at least in some PP. He was good in last years Worlds and scored important goals in Play-offs against Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad