U.S Pond Hockey Championships (In Minnesota)

Dishtank

Apr 5, 2010
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever done this and if it's worth getting some guys together and goin up there for some fun. All input and stories are good. Also do they have a group for U18 year olds, i tried going onto the website but couldn't find anything.

heres the link for the site for people that don't know about it.

http://www.uspondhockey.com/

Last edited:

BLBarmada

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever done this and if it's worth getting some guys together and goin up there for some fun. All input and stories are good. Also do they have a group for U18 year olds, i tried going onto the website but couldn't find anything.

That sounds pretty sick, I would imagine that the level of play is very high.

Dishtank

Apr 5, 2010
I read that there a different divisions but didn't see if there was an age limit/minimum. Theres a division for former NHL/High play then the rest are 40+ year olds, 50+ year olds, womens, and then a regular division

Nothingman*

I don't play but go to watch/drink. Everyone has a really good time it seems. And it is well run.

BLBarmada

That's actually why I started playing, but I know I'd get smoked. One day it would be fun to try it.

Don't feel bad, Hal the people who play in the open division get smoked

At least they have rink rat for people like me and you.

I'm guessing that you didn't like hockey growin up or your parents couldn't afford it ?

ChiTownHawks

May 5, 2009
Orland Park, IL
I went to this last year and it was an awesome experience. I didn't play for fear of getting smoked and I'm glad I didn't b/c I would have. The cool thing is besides just watching some great outdoor hockey is that they have a rink set up with goals for anyone to skate and do a stick and puck on. I took advantage of that and had a great time.

This year me and a few guys in my league are getting a team together to play in the one sponsored by USA hockey in Wisconsin.

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=PL_04&ID=13084&USAHockeyType=ICE

This one has much better divisions and we are going to be in the begginer one.

Also for any of you who have not seen it watch the documentray Pond Hockey. You can find it on hulu and snag films. It is an awesome movie about the tournament in Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->