U.S. National Team Thread VI #fireJurgen

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Good now she wont take up a roster spot in the Olympics. But it will be sad to see her go. Will always remember her goal against Brazil in the World Cup.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I like Nagbe so much that Portland is becoming my favorite MLS team. Please Jürgen, don't ruin him like you have a tendency to do.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Anyone seen the Miazga love from Euro scouts? Kid needs to be capped asap. Honestly should be on the roster tomorrow

I know we like to get ahead of ourselves whenever there's a dual-national player, but seriously, cap this kid now. He obviously has some pull to Poland, no need to even risk losing him. Not like we don't need the help at CB anyways....

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Call ups for WCQ : GK: Guzan, Hamid, Howard
DF: Alvarado, Besler, Cameron, Johnson, Miazga, Orozco, Ream, Shea
MF: Beckerman, Bradley, Diskerud, Jones, Nagbe, Yedlin, Ibarra
FW: Altidore, Gordon, Morris, Wood, Zardes

Good news is Miazga joined the US team.

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Not overly impressed with the roster. This was the perfect chance to bring in plenty of new faces since they're playing weaker competition and he chose not to do so.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I didn't even know Miazga was a dual national. Even more important that we called him up. And why is Beckerman still getting called up?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I didn't even know Miazga was a dual national. Even more important that we called him up. And why is Beckerman still getting called up?

More like why is Gordon still getting called up? Agudelo, Davies, Sapong, Mullins and even Wondo would have been better choices.

Also when will Shipp get called up?

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

Beckerman's still here because Jurgen has refused to bring in Kitchen, Trapp or whoever and we don't have a replacement for him.

I would have called up a ton of youth....Miazga, Kiesewetter, Hyndman, Gil, Steffen, Agudelo, etc.

Only really two of those guys are even remotely ready for a call (Miazga and Agudelo). Gil has been awful for RSL, Hyndman doesn't play for Fulham and Hamid is well ahead of Steffen. Kiesewetter, maybe, but I haven't seen enough of him to make a decision.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Beckerman's still here because Jurgen has refused to bring in Kitchen, Trapp or whoever and we don't have a replacement for him.

Only really two of those guys are even remotely ready for a call (Miazga and Agudelo). Gil has been awful for RSL, Hyndman doesn't play for Fulham and Hamid is well ahead of Steffen. Kiesewetter, maybe, but I haven't seen enough of him to make a decision.

Kitchen and Trapp still have their playoffs to focus on. Nagbe and Miazga are unique cases. Hamid is a 3rd string Goalkeeper, so it won't matter.

I would add to the list of Miazga and Agudelo, Harry Shipp. His ball control and speed are much needed in that US squad. We all saw what Jones can bring as LW...

Plus, Marseille had an interest for Shipp in the past so it would help him get more exposure.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Better at that age to develop technical skills anyway, also most kids that age I think are afraid to head the ball anyway, at least I was to be honest :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad