U.S. National Team Thread VI #fireJurgen

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Is that for sure? I mean, isn't that what was thought with Subotic too?

On November 5, 2015, Miazga was quoted as saying: "I'm totally undecided. I’ll wait to see who calls me first to the main national team and see what happens then.â€[25] The following day, Miazga received his first United States call-up for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers matches.

These two are definitely not unrelated.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Is that for sure? I mean, isn't that what was thought with Subotic too?

Pulisic, there was no chance of him ever playing for Croatia. He only used his Croatian citizenship so he could to go to Dortmund before he turned 18. Miazga, as LITN posted, was mostly leaning towards the U.S., but if we didn't call him, the threat of Poland was always going to be there (IIRC, his family wanted him to play for Poland).

Speaking of dual-national prospects, we've just lost Alex Zendejas of FC Dallas (for at least the time being) as he has just been transferred to Chivas Guadalajara.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
England would be dumb to hire him as manager. That being said I'll personally drive Klinnsman to the airport if he takes the job.

Sep 19, 2008
Lot of stronger chatter about Jurgen being linked to England international job or other epl vacancies.

It no secret I'm probably biggest Jurgen fan boy so this makes no sense. With him looking alright here at USA why would England want him? His status quo here... Is a failure there. So go hire big Sam or something and keep off Jurgen.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Lot of stronger chatter about Jurgen being linked to England international job or other epl vacancies.

It no secret I'm probably biggest Jurgen fan boy so this makes no sense. With him looking alright here at USA why would England want him? His status quo here... Is a failure there. So go hire big Sam or something and keep off Jurgen.

The problem with the last few England managers have been they've been trying to manage the game too much. Klinssman would just put the players out their and cheer them on, giving them more tactical freedom which would probably benefit them

Sep 19, 2008
Jill Ellis on Olympics preparations, Alex Morgan, and what she's writing in her notebook
Planet Fútbol
Duration: 20:51
Published: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 22:38:15 +0000
URL: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/272807613-planet-futbol-jill-ellis-uswnt-olympics-alex-morgan.mp3

The summer of soccer continues in August as the Rio Olympics get underway, with the U.S. women's national team looking to follow up its 2015 World Cup title with Olympic gold. In advance of the tourna...

----
Sent from Podcast Republic 2.8.10
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
All I can say is that Heather O'Reilly is a hell of a bigger person than I am. Because if I got cut for a player who hasn't played a game since last October, I certainly wouldn't agree to travel with the team as an alternate.

Sep 19, 2008
Good to see England didn't hire Jurgen.
Let's put it this way for Jurgen haters. Why would you want him out with an incomplete project? Who'll finish the job?

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
:laugh: at "finish the job." Any positive effect Jürgen had on our program and team has long since dissipated. Massive mistake to renew his contract.

England dodged a huge bullet and we're stuck with the snake oil salesman.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
:laugh: at "finish the job." Any positive effect Jürgen had on our program and team has long since dissipated. Massive mistake to renew his contract.

Dude, we are sooooo lucky to have him. Proactive soccer!!1!1

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Not really, considering who they ended up with.

They wouldn't go anywhere with either.

Sep 19, 2008
Other than Caleb Porter or Jurgen assistants there is no elite replacement. Deal with Jurgen until 2018 folks.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Other than Caleb Porter or Jurgen assistants there is no elite replacement. Deal with Jurgen until 2018 folks.

Do we have to go over this ******** again? I mean, really? We once again have to deal with the Jürgen fans acting like he's some kind of irreplacable genius, rather than overpaid and mediocre?

The guy goes 3-3 at Copa America (on home soil) and all of a sudden we have to deal with the same nonsense arguments we had to put up with before his atrocious performance in the Gold Cup and the Confederation's Cup playoffs. I'll "deal" with Jürgen until 2018, which will involve me consistently pointing out he's garbage, and the Jürgen fans will have to deal with that.

p.s. "Jürgen assistants" is pretty hilarious. Yeah, Herzog did an amazing job with the Olympic team. What an "elite replacement" he would be. Do you think this stuff through before you commit text to keyboard, Mike?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do we have to go over this ******** again? I mean, really? We once again have to deal with the Jürgen fans acting like he's some kind of irreplacable genius, rather than overpaid and mediocre?

The guy goes 3-3 at Copa America (on home soil) and all of a sudden we have to deal with the same nonsense arguments we had to put up with before his atrocious performance in the Gold Cup and the Confederation's Cup playoffs. I'll "deal" with Jürgen until 2018, which will involve me consistently pointing out he's garbage, and the Jürgen fans will have to deal with that.

p.s. "Jürgen assistants" is pretty hilarious. Yeah, Herzog did an amazing job with the Olympic team. What an "elite replacement" he would be. Do you think this stuff through before you commit text to keyboard, Mike?

At Copa, we beat everyone we should've beat and lost to Colombia and Argentina. That wasn't a coaching problem, that's just a lack of talent problem. Yes, the Gold Cup was bad, and that probably should have been the end of his time, but it is what it is.

USA soccer's biggest problem has never been the coaching, it's always been the talent. We simply can't field a team to consistently compete with the best, yet fans and media believe we should have a team that can compete.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
At Copa, we beat everyone we should've beat and lost to Colombia and Argentina. That wasn't a coaching problem, that's just a lack of talent problem. Yes, the Gold Cup was bad, and that probably should have been the end of his time, but it is what it is.

Was it a lack of talent problem when we lost to Guatemala? Was it a lack of talent problem when we lost to Panama and Jamaica in the Gold Cup? Was it a lack of talent when we got outshot by Haiti? For that matter, was it a lack of talent problem when we went the entire game against Argentina without getting a single shot off? No. That is a coaching problem.

So goddamned sick of this argument. Klinsmann was hired to elevate the program. He has failed at that task. Not only has he failed, the lows under Klinsmann have been far lower than under both of his predecessors, and the highs have been barely higher, if at all. Fire him, don't fire him, whatever. Just don't feed us this ******** argument that he can't be replaced because he's supposedly some kind of world-class coach. He's proven over the past five years than he's far from that and clearly replaceable.

USA soccer's biggest problem has never been the coaching, it's always been the talent. We simply can't field a team to consistently compete with the best, yet fans and media believe we should have a team that can compete.

This is a massive strawman. No one is blaming Klinsmann for the fact that we can't "consistently compete with the best." People are blaming Klinsmann for the total lack of progress. When you perform as badly as we did last year against the minnows in our region, you lose the benefit of the doubt. What the hell are we paying this guy for if we're not even making progress? We're paying him four times more than his predecessor and the progress has been non-existent to negligible.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was it a lack of talent problem when we lost to Guatemala? Was it a lack of talent problem when we lost to Panama and Jamaica in the Gold Cup? Was it a lack of talent when we got outshot by Haiti? For that matter, was it a lack of talent problem when we went the entire game against Argentina without getting a single shot off? No. That is a coaching problem.

So goddamned sick of this argument. Klinsmann was hired to elevate the program. He has failed at that task. Not only has he failed, the lows under Klinsmann have been far lower than under both of his predecessors, and the highs have been barely higher, if at all. Fire him, don't fire him, whatever. Just don't feed us this ******** argument that he can't be replaced because he's supposedly some kind of world-class coach. He's proven over the past five years than he's far from that and clearly replaceable.

I literally said the Gold Cup was a low and he should have been fired. I don't like Jurgen, but lets not act like the USMNT can compete with top clubs.

Donovan has retired, and Bradley and Dempsey are both past their primes. We haven't had a difference maker step up and take their spot. That's a talent issue. We have 0 difference making talents. One person can't transform our youth development. One person can't make our top athletes choose soccer instead of baseball, football, basketball, or even hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->