U.S. National Team Part VII

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Yeah, we should be rooting for Mexico and Costa Rica and Panama, because the stronger they are, the more our games against them are worth. The difference is that I was rooting for those guys from my couch, not wearing Mexico gear and holding a custom made scarf on social media.

Also, with regard to the US missing the World Cup and reasons for that. One thing that's often totally overlooked is MLS. The "lack of competition" in MLS compared to other leagues is viewed as a reason why American players don't develop... and while I think playing in Europe or Mexico would help USMNT teams develop more because the competition is better, there's a second lane on that two-way street that no one talks about:

MLS has been outstanding for the development of players in OTHER CONCACAF nations besides the US, especially Costa Rica and Panama.

There were 22 players from MLS in the 2014 World Cup. And in 2018, without USA, there are 19, most on Panama and Costa Rica.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Landon can root and cheer for whomever he wants and take whatever sponsor he wants. It is a bit curious to see him cheer for them as he has been a part of many of the bigger clashes against El Tri in the past several years and knows the bad blood between the two teams. Also his comments toward Bocanegra was really uncalled for. I think that's the only thing I really disliked about this whole exchange. I do think he's genuine in that he's trying to help bridge the current political divide between the two countries, but maybe he could've done it a different way.

That being said, there's probably nothing in this world that could ever make me cheer for El Tri or of the other Concacaf countries. I do like how other nations realize that teams like Costa Rica and El Tri are actually really good and hope that the other confederations give the region more respect, but that doesn't mean I would ever cheer for them.

Apart from the obvious that the USMNT aren't in the World Cup, the one thing that really pisses me off about watching the World Cup is all the pathetic ads trying to get U.S. fans to cheer for other countries. It just makes me more angry.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

roster for the games against Colombia and Peru. Bradley getting called back in. Rumors say that Jozy was going to get called in, but he's dealing with an injury with TFC

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I'm far from a Bradley hater like 99% of the USMNT fan base, but that Falcao goal never happens if Adams is starting.

Looking forward to seeing a CM trio of Adams and Mckennie with Pulisic at CAM.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You can be not ready to play for the National Team without being trash. Amon is a very talented player.
I know you can. Amon has been trash this game. Absolutely awful. He was playing like he’s as skilled as Neymar and not tracking back at all but he’s no more skilled than say Harry Shipp but Shipp actually tracks back.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
It was his first appearance for the national team. I saw flashes of what he can bring to this team, but like everyone else on this team has a ways to go. Sargent had a few misplayed passes to start the game, but other than that he looks the part.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It was his first appearance for the national team. I saw flashes of what he can bring to this team, but like everyone else on this team has a ways to go. Sargent had a few misplayed passes to start the game, but other than that he looks the part.
I get that he won’t do much offensively. That’s not what this is about. It’s his effort was literally not there.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Guess Red Bull fans can breathe easy because Saracan for some reason isn't starting Adams today. I really really want to see him play alongside McKennie and Pulisic and especially against good teams like England and Italy.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
*Massive* dive by Callum Wilson there. Should 100% have been booked for the dive.
I don’t think so. Guzan did get him a little bit and at such a high speed even the slightest touch can throw you off. Also Weah has not impressed me at all since his debut. Miazga has been good. Pulisic has been good. Otherwise the team has been bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->