U.S. National Team Part VII

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'd like to see Kyle Martino, but change who isn't Sunil is good.

Hope Solo getting votes would be a crime.

Sure, women should be paid more, but it's hard to justify equal money if they're not bringing in revenue that's even remotely similar.

Agree on Martino.

Really hoping it's not Wynalda. He drives me crazy.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I want Hope Solo to win so she can personally beat the crap out of all the men's players with the exception of Pulisic and Dempsey for being utter failures.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The woman Gulati endorsed is probably more of the same. I don't want anyone winning who Gulati endorses.

Wynalda is probably the only other realistic candidate. Whatever you think of the guy, he should bring some change, and isn't entrenched in the system. I'm fine with him winning.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I'd prefer they follow through on the rumors they're looking to change the structure so the President basically runs the business side of things while creating a technical director position to run the soccer side of things.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I really hope Liverpool uses some of the Coutinho money to go get Pulisic and give him Coutinho's old role.

I wouldn't. He's in a great situation to develop where he is. He could potentially derail his progression if he doesn't succeed there, and he wouldn't have an open spot as a winger with Mane and Salah.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

giphy.gif

Didn't think that this **** show of a federation could do anything worse. This dude actually wanted to play for us and we let him go to our biggest rivals because we couldn't even bother to give him a ****ing phone call. Dude was going to be starter for us for years. Unbelievable. :madfire:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
giphy.gif

Didn't think that this **** show of a federation could do anything worse. This dude actually wanted to play for us and we let him go to our biggest rivals because we couldn't even bother to give him a ****ing phone call. Dude was going to be starter for us for years. Unbelievable. :madfire:

Amazing that they can't even give the kid a call to tell them why they aren't bringing him to play in a friendly. It was a great move on their part to let him stay and play in the playoffs, but you might want to think about communicating that next time

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Classic Kenny Saief situation. The decisions these idiots that run federations make no sense sometimes. Although, in the Saief/Israel NT situation it was more a blockheaded manager.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The reason they didn't call him up was correct, they wanted him to stay with his club for the playoffs. The problem was communicating it, and with all the influx with US Soccer at the moment, it's very easy to see how something like that would fall through the cracks. Who's responsibility is it to do something like that? Probably the manager, and the interim manager really doesn't the power/authority to say how he'll be used in the future. Why would he go out of his way to help out the next guy that will get selected for the job.

That's why they probably should've had an agreement with Arena to stay on-board, keep things stable, until everything else got sorted out. Basically no one realized it was their responsibility, and no one did it in the end. I wouldn't call it incompetence, just a consequence of having everything influx.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think people realize the consequences of an under-staffed organization and how much money it would take to fix the issues they complain about.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Good read by Geoff Cameron in the Players' Tribune:

"The powers that be in U.S. Soccer have created a poisonous divide between the MLS players and the so-called “European” players, and until that culture is torn down, the USMNT will continue to slide backwards. With U.S. Soccer’s presidential election coming up this weekend, and the coaching vacancy yet to be filled, this issue needs to be addressed right now. It’s time to learn from our mistakes — as players, coaches and as an organization. It’s time to look forward and get to the heart of the matter."

What Must Change in U.S. Soccer | By Geoff Cameron

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Cordeiro elected President.

One of the worst choices. New boss is the same as the old boss.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What pisses e off the most about this whole thing is that anywhere else in the world, there would have been severe changes to the program. People would've been fired and everyone would fix what went wrong. Over here? "Nah, we all good over fam. We were one game away, nothing dramtic needs to happen". Between the 2 "status quo" guy in Carter and Cordeiro, I would prefer Cordeiro simply because Sunil and Garber lobbied for her to run. Time for him to put his money where his mouth is. But I can't say I'm excited about the future of US soccer after this whole election process.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not surprised, guys like Wynalda and Martino (the best shots as outsider candidates) never seemed to get any support beyond the local state federations, the voting blocs which consisted of MLS, Athletes Council etc.. with the majority of the votes were always for Carter or Cordeiro.

Only thing I hope this election showed is the corruption of MLS/SUM relationship, but it will all be forgotten in a few months

Reactions: mmvvpp

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Was hoping Keaton Parks would've gotten called up, but overall I'm pretty content with the lineup. Just wished we could play more than 1 friendly though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->