Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Jeff Dahlia said:
5 Nations Tournament: USA vs. Finland

U.S. National Under-18 Team Tops Finland, 5-3

MOSCOW -- The U.S. National Under-18 Team (1-1-0) topped Finland (0-1-0), 5-3 in the second game of the 2006 Five Nations Tournament this afternoon.

The U.S. offense was ready right out of the gate today and Bill Sweatt (Elburn, Ill.) gave Team USA the early 1-0 advantage 1:54 into the game with a power-play goal. Forty-seven seconds later, USA forward Chris Atkinson (Sparta, N.J.) notched his first goal of the tournament on a play from Jamie McBain (Faribault, Minn.) to give USA the 2-0 advantage. Forward James vanRiemsdyk (Middletown, N.J.) stretched the USA lead to 3-0, 11:30 into the game on an unassisted goal.

In the second period, Finland struck back with three consecutive goals, the first coming on the power-play, to knot the game at three at the end of the second.

After killing two consecutive power-plays to open the third period, U.S. defenseman Jamie McBain scored the game winner with 9:41 remaining on a play from Luke Popko (Skillman, N.J.). U.S. National Under-18 Team’s newest addition Michael Forney (Thief River Falls, Minn.) added the final goal with 1:49 left in the game to give USA the 5-3 victory.

USA netminder Brett Bennett (Williamsville, N.Y.) plyed well today, stopping 23 of 26 Finland attempts to earn his first victory for the U.S. National Under-18 Team this season.

U.S. National Under-18 Team 5 vs Finland 3
Scoring By Period
USA 3-0-2 -- 5
FIN 0-3-0 --3

the jersey boys are doing well. who is their leading scoring and best players? i know ej isnt there. i tried opening the russian hockey federation page, but i obviously dont understand cyrillic or whatever it is. usahockey.com hasnt posted much yet. anywhere else i can get some info?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Kaizer said:
It's new record for Europe in U-18 tournaments :handclap:

Varlamov was named the best goalkeeper for tournament and Vasyunov - the best forward.
Who was named best Defenseman?

blackpilot

Aug 5, 2005
Pipeandin said:
Anyone know why Greg Squires or Eric Johnson didn't make the trip?

I believe Greg Squires was busy with school and Eric Johnson was resting. I'm sure they don't want any chances of injuries before the U18 World Championship.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
blackpilot said:
I believe Greg Squires was busy with school and Eric Johnson was resting. I'm sure they don't want any chances of injuries before the U18 World Championship.

what players do you think the 88 team will add before the u-18 tourney considering they did it last year? im sure they'll make every effort to get mueller, forney and okposo. if bennett is still hurt maybe they add billy sauer. it would be nice to add sanguinetti too. any other thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->