U.S chances at gold in the WJC?

• Thread starter Randall Graves*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

I think this team will have a crapload of talent on it. first round picks galore, but if you were betting people(i'm sure some of you are) would you take the U.S or the field?

Transported Upstater

Jon Prescription said:
US is definately the "team to beat" this year as far as I see it.

Anything short of the gold this year can be considered a disappointment.

Randall Graves*

TransportedUpstater said:
Anything short of the gold this year can be considered a disappointment.
Agreed, this is one of the most talented teams we've iced in recent memory but flukey things can happen I'm always weary of taking one team over the field.

Kinda like Tiger Woods, he's the obvious favorite in most tournaments but he usually doesn't win.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Funny thing is they haven't even announced the team. I am just praying they don't screw up picking this team.

Transported Upstater

RallyKiller said:
Agreed, this is one of the most talented teams we've iced in recent memory but flukey things can happen I'm always weary of taking one team over the field.

Kinda like Tiger Woods, he's the obvious favorite in most tournaments but he usually doesn't win.

I'm not saying that I would necessarily consider it a dissappointment if they didn't win, but I think players on the team would not be happy with a silver, and consider it a failure.

I'm just saying that the team better go into the tournament with no excuses.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:
I'm not saying that I would necessarily consider it a dissappointment if they didn't win, but I think players on the team would not be happy with a silver, and consider it a failure.

I'm just saying that the team better go into the tournament with no excuses.

and Canada or even the Russians, the Czech's, Finns will be happy with a silver or second best? Yeah right!

espo*

Pretty f'in good i'd say.

But not in the bag yet!!! I think they'll be challenged.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Schremp - Kessel - Ryan
J. Johnson - Lee

That can be their first powerplay unit. I mean, wow. :eek:

They're the favourites no doubt.

Claypool_*

I just hope the **** is on TV. I doubt ESPN 2 is going to have it. I wish I could order it :(

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
They announce the US team tommorow? Canada hasn't even had its evaluation camp, why does the US announce so early? :confused:

Randall Graves*

Claypool said:
I just hope the **** is on TV. I doubt ESPN 2 is going to have it. I wish I could order it :(
ditto, with the U.S having potentially such a talented team I'd love to see it, but fat chance in hell of it being on here in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad