U.S. Astronaut Returns from 371 Days in Space

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Record-setting NASA astronaut returns to Earth after 371 days in space

WMFE | By Brendan Byrne
Published September 27, 2023 at 11:31 AM EDT

NASA's Frank Rubio breaks the U.S. record for longest single mission in space, spending more than a year living and working on the International Space Station.

NASA astronaut Frank Rubio is back on Earth after a record-long stay on the International Space Station. A capsule carrying Rubio and his two Russian crewmates touched down Wednesday in Kazakhstan.

Rubio clocked 371 days in space, breaking the U.S. record for most time spent living in orbit on a single mission. ...

His mission was originally slated for only 180 days, but Rubio’s return capsule, a Russian Soyuz spacecraft, sprung a coolant leak. Russian engineers suspect a piece of space junk damaged the vehicle. Rubio's stay was extended as engineers investigated the issue and sent a replacement capsule to the station.

While in orbit, Rubio and his Russian crewmates Sergey Prokopyev and Dmitri Petelin completed around 5,936 orbits of Earth, traveling 157 million miles in space. ...

Read more at: Record-setting NASA astronaut returns to Earth after 371 days in space | WUSF

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
He's a small fraction of a second younger from our perspective than he would have been had he stayed on Earth for that whole period. True story.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Very cool! Now I feel like going on a Wikipedia rabbit hole journey starting with any articles related to muscle wasting and if there's been advancements in how to deal with this issue.

Let's go. (⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠)

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Very cool! Now I feel like going on a Wikipedia rabbit hole journey starting with any articles related to muscle wasting and if there's been advancements in how to deal with this issue.

Let's go. (⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠)
Skip the Wiki-Wonderland, and start reading here ...
ETA: Interesting sidebar here as well ...

Reactions: deleted user

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad