GDT: U-20 WJC

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
thanks for starting this thread. it makes more sense to keep the WJC talk to 1 specific thread, rather than spread out over a couple

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Just saw reply of Välimäki's goal. A real beauty slapper from the blueline to blocker side top corner.

Edit: or glove side, not really sure :huh:

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Canada-USA, looking at stats and Dube scored. Anyone watching this?

It's a tough watch, sloppy with a lot of snow. Dube's been excellent for Canada; I think he's got good NHL pedigree.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Fox is still a nightmare defensively.

Might be a good time to sell on him while people are still fooled by his supposed good offensive skills.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Man, getting to that game was a hassle. Truck on fire shut down the QEW for a few hours, then the border bridge was under construction and down to one lane. A normal hour and a half trip turned to over three hours. But got to see all of our prospects in action still!

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Man, getting to that game was a hassle. Truck on fire shut down the QEW for a few hours, then the border bridge was under construction and down to one lane. A normal hour and a half trip turned to over three hours. But got to see all of our prospects in action still!

Happy Birthday you beauty!

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Lindstrom looks like a solid player. Good awareness, all around skill, not exceptional in any one area, hopefully we can get him signed

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
There was a short insert with Välimäki's interview and some clips from a WHL game:
-He said the feedback from Flames after camp last year was "it went better than expected"
-His goal is to play in the NHL next season. Said this after it was asked, and while it's not likely he will, I liked that he seems to be determined. Your typical Finnish player would have said "well let's see, I'm gonna work hard, we'll see where it gets me"
-He really likes to run his mouth on ice :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad