GDT: U-18 WJC Umeå & Örnsköldsvik, Sweden: Day 2

su24

Sep 30, 2017
And all four of them impact players. Protas one of the best forwards on the best team in the WHL is especially impressive
Protas has raised from "not ranked" at the beginning of the year to #44 among North American skaters, should be picked in the 2nd round. Kolyachonok is somewhere there as well, maybe even 1st round. Nice generation.
Also 3 years ago Protas was going to quit playing hockey cause somebody told him he's not talented. The big, smart, intelligent guy, late bloomer. Should be a great player for our country one day.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
What an embarrassing effort. It’s quite clear that Slovak hockey players will never develop the skating skills that other nations have, even Swiss are much better skaters. Just let Slovak hockey die, it’s time to move on. There’s no fixing it and I don’t care what handzus says, the score should’ve been 20-5 if USA didn’t botch so many chances. Gg just shift all investment to football, we can become the next Croatia. Would any of you Slovaks rather be average at both sports, or potentially top 20 consistently in the biggest sport? This is frustrating
???

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So what's happening ... Belarus 2 wins . Finland 2 losses. Finland is making life tough on themselves.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Man junior hockey has been full of upsets recently. Great for the sport. Belarus now 2-0.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Protas has raised from "not ranked" at the beginning of the year to #44 among North American skaters, should be picked in the 2nd round. Kolyachonok is somewhere there as well, maybe even 1st round. Nice generation.
Also 3 years ago Protas was going to quit playing hockey cause somebody told him he's not talented. The big, smart, intelligent guy, late bloomer. Should be a great player for our country one day.
His playmaking ability and brain are amazing. Interested to see how his skating comes along cause in my eyes that's the one thing holding him back slightly

Reactions: su24

su24

Sep 30, 2017
His playmaking ability and brain are amazing. Interested to see how his skating comes along cause in my eyes that's the one thing holding him back slightly
Protas grew up playing soccer and basketball and started to play hockey pretty late, that's a problem. He improves his skating every year: 3 years ago he couldn't keep up with the kids in his hometown, now he's the best teenage center in the country.

Reactions: FrankGallagher

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
You realy think that.. that's like saying we are taking this year off cuz we did really well before. Whatever .. you buy that I don't
2,5 periods of terrible play today, no excuses for that. The team hasn't really clicked that well, currently only the Räty brothers seem to have chemistry.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Protas grew up playing soccer and basketball and started to play hockey pretty late, that's a problem. He improves his skating every year: 3 years ago he couldn't keep up with the kids in his hometown, now he's the best teenage center in the country.
OMG will you ever stop talking bullshit. He is who he is because he grew up playing basketball and football. You've got no idea how athlete development programmes work in top countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankGallagher

su24

Sep 30, 2017
OMG will you ever stop talking bull****. He is who he is because he grew up playing basketball and football. You've got no idea how athlete development programmes work in top countries.
I don't even expect you to say anything meaningful except reposting line-ups. Try to learn English a little bit better: I was obviously talking exclusively about his SKATING. Maybe in your world people in VItebsk playing basketball and soccer on the skates, but in reality those activities don't happen on the ice.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
See, that's exactly what I was talking about.
Feel free to take it up with the Czechs.
And who would you put above us? Switzerland? We decreased in recent years, still we beat them comfortably in whatever category.
Like today 8-2 win over Swiss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->