Czech Republic: U-18 WC: Roster Talk

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I just read an article on Zacha and how he'll try to come for the U-18 WC if he can make it (PO dependent). It got me thinking about the team we could build this year and how strong it would be compared to last year's team.

So here's a possible roster:

Goalies

Daniel Vladar '97
Ales Stezka '97
Jan Ruzicka '97

Defensemen

Jakub Zboril '97
Lukas Doudera '98
Libor Hajek '98
Petr Kalina '97
Daniel Krenzelok '97
Martin Weinhold '97
Vojtech Budik '98
Rostislav Snajnar '97
Ondrej Vala '98
Filip Hronek '97

Forwards

David Kase '97
Pavel Zacha '97
Michael Spacek '97
Filip Chlapik '97
Filip Suchy '97
Jan Dufek '97
Simon Stransky '97
Lukas Jasek '97
Lukas Andel '97
Tomas Soustal '97
Roman Dymacek '97
Radek Koblizek '97
Matous Belohorsky '98
Filip Dvorak '97
Filip Zadina '99

Possible lines (my first attempt lol, so apologies if I put players in their wrong position :D)

Koblizek-Zacha-Spacek
Dufek-Kase-Suchy
Stransky-Chlapik-Jasek
Andel-Soustal-Dymacek
Zadina

Zboril-Weinhold
Krenzelok-Kanak
Hajek-Doudera
Budik

Looks like a pretty good team to me, good goalies, decent defence and nice centre depth.

Comments/criticisms?

Final Roster:

Goaltenders (3):
Daniel Vladař (Kladno), Aleš Stezka (Liberec), Jan Růžička (Ml. Boleslav).

D-men (9):
Jakub Zbořil (Saint John, QMJHL), Libor Hájek (Kometa Brno), Petr Kalina (Sparta Praha), Marian Adámek (Třinec), Vojtěch Budík (Pardubice), Filip Hronek (Hradec Králové), Daniel Krenželok (Val-d´Or, QMJHL).

Forwards (15):
David Kaše (Chomutov), Michael Špaček (Pardubice), Pavel Zacha (Sarnia, OHL), Adam Chlapík (Charlottetown, QMJHL), Šimon Stránský (Prince Albert, WHL), Tomáš Šoustal (Kelowna, WHL), Lukáš Jašek (Třinec), Radek Koblížek (Oulu, Finsko), Lukáš Anděl (Jihlava), Jan Dufek, Filip Dvořák (oba Kometa Brno), Filip Suchý (Plzeň), Aleš Furch (Slavia Praha), Martin Svoboda, Ondřej Procházka (oba Sparta Praha).

Soustal and Chlapik are in the playoffs atm.

Last edited:

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
The Czech team will be very strong with a good shot at medal (gold medal). Also we have a lot of players in CHL (Chlapik, Krenzelok, Soustal, Stransky, Zacha, Zboril) so the question is their availability (contract with CSLH).
I predict pretty similar roster (if all players are available and healthy). I am not sure that Budik will make it. He was injured a long time. And I think Kalina will be there (maybe instead of Kanak). I would switch Koblizek with Stransky, add Filip Dvorak – Filip Zadina won’t make the team. And the 4th line has a lot of options.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
If all players are available then it looks like a solid team. Maybe little worry about our defense (what else :laugh:) since we don't have many good '97 defensemen except for Zboril (and he may not be available). On the other hand there are quite good D players in '98 group. Also I think Rostislav Snajnar has a good chance to make it.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
The Czech team will be very strong with a good shot at medal (gold medal). Also we have a lot of players in CHL (Chlapik, Krenzelok, Soustal, Stransky, Zacha, Zboril) so the question is their availability (contract with CSLH).
I predict pretty similar roster (if all players are available and healthy). I am not sure that Budik will make it. He was injured a long time. And I think Kalina will be there (maybe instead of Kanak). I would switch Koblizek with Stransky, add Filip Dvorak – Filip Zadina won’t make the team. And the 4th line has a lot of options.

I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament :)

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament :)

I´m convinced that Ondrej Vala will make the team, he isn´t much worse than Budik who was one of the top D in entire tournament.
Filip Hronek is almost lock to be on team, he is the best PP defenseman and improved his defensive game a lot. On the other hand Doudera is too slow, unable to catch the pace of international game. Those games are faster than Czech Extraleague.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I just read an article on Zacha and how he'll try to come for the U-18 WC if he can make it (PO dependent). It got me thinking about the team we could build this year and how strong it would be compared to last year's team.

So here's a possible roster:

Goalies

Daniel Vladar '97
Ales Stezka '97
Jan Ruzicka '97

Defensemen

Jakub Zboril '97
Lukas Doudera '98
Libor Hajek '98
Petr Kalina '97
Lukas Kanak '97
Daniel Krenzelok '97
Martin Weinhold '97
Josef Zajic '97
Vojtech Budik '98
Daniel Klimecky '97
Rostislav Snajnar '97

Forwards

David Kase '97
Pavel Zacha '97
Michael Spacek '97
Filip Chlapik '97
Filip Suchy '97
Jan Dufek '97
Simon Stransky '97
Lukas Jasek '97
Lukas Andel '97
Tomas Soustal '97
Roman Dymacek '97
Radek Koblizek '97
Matous Belohorsky '98
Filip Dvorak '97
Filip Zadina '99

Possible lines (my first attempt lol, so apologies if I put players in their wrong position :D)

Koblizek-Zacha-Spacek
Dufek-Kase-Suchy
Stransky-Chlapik-Jasek
Andel-Soustal-Dymacek
Zadina

Zboril-Weinhold
Krenzelok-Kanak
Hajek-Doudera
Budik

Looks like a pretty good team to me, good goalies, decent defence and nice centre depth.

Comments/criticisms?

Defense could be like this:

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

It would be the best d-corp in years

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

I can't wait to see the '98 guys with the '97's at the WJC.....:yo:

EDIT: Roster updated to include Hronek and Vala.

Last edited:

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
I´m convinced that Ondrej Vala will make the team, he isn´t much worse than Budik who was one of the top D in entire tournament.
Filip Hronek is almost lock to be on team, he is the best PP defenseman and improved his defensive game a lot. On the other hand Doudera is too slow, unable to catch the pace of international game. Those games are faster than Czech Extraleague.

I agree with you. Vala should make the team instead of Doudera (I was very disappointed with him). I think Hronek needs to improve his shooting but he deserves a spot.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I agree with you. Vala should make the team instead of Doudera (I was very disappointed with him). I think Hronek needs to improve his shooting but he deserves a spot.

I actually think that Hronek can shoot puck, he didn´t show it much at Five nation but I saw him shoot the puck well in domestic competition.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

Vala obviously didn't make the team. He's going with U17 national team to Russia. By the way, the roster will be announced tomorrow.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Wow this team looks pretty good. Where will we place? Gold? :)

And an off topic question. Is Petr going to be the coach for U-20 or no? If not who is and are they a good coach?

DW81

Jan 25, 2013
Brno
Final roster:
¨
G:
Daniel Vladař (Kladno), Aleš Stezka (Liberec), Jan Růžička (Ml. Boleslav).

D:
Jakub Zbořil (Saint John, QMJHL), Libor Hájek (Kometa Brno), Petr Kalina (Sparta Praha), Marian Adámek (Třinec), Vojtěch Budík (Pardubice), Filip Hronek (Hradec Králové), Daniel Krenželok (Val-d´Or, QMJHL).

F:
David Kaše (Chomutov), Michael Špaček (Pardubice), Pavel Zacha (Sarnia, OHL), Filip Chlapík (Charlottetown, QMJHL), Šimon Stránský (Prince Albert, WHL), Tomáš Šoustal (Kelowna, WHL), Lukáš Jašek (Třinec), Radek Koblížek (Oulu, Finsko), Lukáš Anděl (Jihlava), Jan Dufek, Filip Dvořák (oba Kometa Brno), Filip Suchý (Plzeň), Aleš Furch (Slavia Praha), Martin Svoboda, Ondřej Procházka (oba Sparta Praha)

Soustal and Chlapik joins the team as ends in playoff CHL

Source: http://www.hokej.cz/osmnactka-ladila-na-ms-i-v-kine-a-pri-hrach-vypadli-weinhold-a-kanak/5007031

Last edited:

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Omission of Weinhold is a huge surprise for me, although he didn't perform well in both games against Slovaks. Still I would rather see him making the team instead of Adámek or Krenželok.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Omission of Weinhold is a huge surprise for me, although he didn't perform well in both games against Slovaks. Still I would rather see him making the team instead of Adámek or Krenželok.

The biggest omission in my eyes is underage D Ondrej Vala. I would also prefer Weinhold(and Snajnar) over Adamek but the truth is that Weinhold´s game regressed since Hlinka Cup, he didn´t perform well in Vitkovice where he moved after withdrawal of Karlovy Vary from MHL.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
The biggest omission in my eyes is underage D Ondrej Vala. I would also prefer Weinhold(and Snajnar) over Adamek but the truth is that Weinhold´s game regressed since Hlinka Cup, he didn´t perform well in Vitkovice where he moved after withdrawal of Karlovy Vary from MHL.
Cannot judge. I've seen Vála just three times, twice in U16 in April of last year, so it's not the best sample size, but I've heard lots of good stuff about him.

Maybe just Petr found it too risky to take 3 underagers to defense.

Anyway, at least Doudera did not make the team. I still can't understand, why he played in U18 this year and how it's possible that he also played in Extraliga.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
With 22 players on the roster, we have one spot left (Filip Dvorak not added). So Filip Chlapik is still in the mix - Charlottetown 3-0 down in the series, game 4 tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->