Tyutin or Hamhuis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Prucha73 said:
Tyutin has the tools, but maybe the toolbox is missing. I think he lacks vision and/or creativity in the offensive zone.

I don't know where in hell you think of some of these things...

I'd still take Hamhuis over him, but it's very very close.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
andora said:
:shakehead: get a grip

i can throw out a bunch of statements about hamhuis and his positives, does that cancel out what you just said about tyutin? no..

and it doesn't make that guy wrong when someone disagrees

jeez

Yeah, but you have someone like Prucha who's never seen 99.9% of the players he criticizes and bases everything he knows off of miniscule negative things he reads (he's maybe positive on a player 5% of the time, if that). He speaks out of his ass. Go to the Ranger board and read some posts, andora. You and I see eye to eye almost on every single occasion, so go check it out.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i read the rangers board quite often actually (they have some prospects i really like)...

can't say prucha stuck out, but rancid does ;)

Prucha73

Reveille said:
Yeah, but you have someone like Prucha who's never seen 99.9% of the players he criticizes and bases everything he knows off of miniscule negative things he reads (he's maybe positive on a player 5% of the time, if that). He speaks out of his ass. Go to the Ranger board and read some posts, andora. You and I see eye to eye almost on every single occasion, so go check it out.

oh please, you claim to know prospects but you are incorrect 90% of the time. Who said I am negative on Tyutin? I think he is a great player, but he lacks offensive creativity, sorry for not being a homer like you and saying it how it is. :shakehead

I would probably take Tyutin over Hamhuis because of his overall game, but Hamhuis is likely a bit better offensively.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Prucha73 said:
oh please, you claim to know prospects but you are incorrect 90% of the time. Who said I am negative on Tyutin? I think he is a great player, but he lacks offensive creativity, sorry for not being a homer like you and saying it how it is. :shakehead

I would probably take Tyutin over Hamhuis because of his overall game, but Hamhuis is likely a bit better offensively.

Damn, I wonder why I was a writer here when I was incorrect 90% of the time according to you -- someone who accidentally said his real age on a message board.

A homer like me? I take Hamhuis over Tyutin and hardly ever question a bashing of a Ranger prospect when they are overlooked or compared with much inferior players.

You don't even watch the junior leagues and you admit to only knowing from what you read.

End of story.

Prucha73

Reveille said:
Damn, I wonder why I was a writer here when I was incorrect 90% of the time according to you -- someone who accidentally said his real age on a message board.

A homer like me? I take Hamhuis over Tyutin and hardly ever question a bashing of a Ranger prospect when they are overlooked or compared with much inferior players.

You don't even watch the junior leagues and you admit to only knowing from what you read.

End of story.

I don't try to pretend like you do that I scout prospects or have seen them play. That is why you no longer are a writer here, because they don't need kids that pretend they are NHL scouts to write up lame summaries on the prospects. Oh yes I forgot your dad takes you all over europe so you could watch hockey :lol I don't know what is more sad--you lying about this or you actually telling the truth. As for my age, I am a whole lot older than you, kid.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Prucha73 said:
I don't try to pretend like you do that I scout prospects or have seen them play. That is why you no longer are a writer here, because they don't need kids that pretend they are NHL scouts to write up lame summaries on the prospects. Oh yes I forgot your dad takes you all over europe so you could watch hockey :lol I don't know what is more sad--you lying about this or you actually telling the truth. As for my age, I am a whole lot older than you, kid.

Wow, if you were near me I'd definately call you out.

But I'm done aruging what I do and what I've done on an internet forum. If you'd like to blatantly insult me, etc. do it via private messages, please. You're definately an ******* if you'd like to sit there and call someone out who knows more hockey then you do at, if you SAY you're older then me, maybe half your age?

I'm 18. I've been driving for two years back and forth from AHL games to my house and take ONE trip a year to Europe on business with my father who is one of the top insurance brokers in NYC and constantly must report back to Europe.

Please. PM me if you feel the need to try and be a ******.

Agian, take this to PM now. I'm done arguing on a board.

Last edited:

Prucha73

Reveille said:
Wow, if you were near me I'd definately call you out.

But I'm done aruging what I do and what I've done on an internet forum. If you'd like to blatantly insult me, etc. do it via private messages, please. You're definately an ******* if you'd like to sit there and call someone out who knows more hockey then you do at, if you SAY you're older then me, maybe half your age?

I'm 18. I've been driving for two years back and forth from AHL games to my house and take ONE trip a year to Europe on business with my father who is one of the top insurance brokers in NYC and constantly must report back to Europe.

Please. PM me if you feel the need to try and be a ******.

I don't know what you are complaining about, it is pretty clear who started insulting who. And where is the proof that you know more hockey than me? so do everyone a favor and stick to hockey and don't insult your elder. I am so tired of people who resort to taking personal shots (even the totally ridiculous ones) whenever they disagree with someone.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I have not really kept tabs on Tyutin's play, but his overall game better be extremely good because Hamhuis is about as well rounded as you can get.....even as a rookie he was used in all situations/played well in all situations on a weak defensive team in the Predators.

Last edited:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Enoch said:
I have yet to really see Tytuin play, but his overall game better be extremely good because Hamhuis is about as well rounded as you can get.....even as a rookie he was used in all situations/played well in all situations on a weak defensive team in the Predators.

Tyutin's whole game is how well rounded he is. And he's obviously good. Everyone puts him in the teens in overall prospect lists. He isn't a bone crushing defensemen, he isnt an offensive defensemen. But hes so good at everything. He played PP and PK as a rookie.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
NYRangers said:
Tyutin's whole game is how well rounded he is. And he's obviously good. Everyone puts him in the teens in overall prospect lists. He isn't a bone crushing defensemen, he isnt an offensive defensemen. But hes so good at everything. He played PP and PK as a rookie.

Ditto to Hamhuis. He's being painted as an offensive defenseman, but honestly...last year...his offense didn't really impress me all that much. He's a good passer and has a nice shot..but what BLEW ME AWAY was his defensive play. He has THE BEST poke check of any defenseman the Predators have ever had, and I can't think of a single guy I'd rather have back on an odd-man rush. Tyutin may have a well-rounded game, but so does Hamhuis..and living in the NY area, I saw a lot of Rangers games(including a few in person) and, bias aside...I think Fedor is going to be a good one, kind of reminds me of a young Zubov, actually...but Hamhuis is a couple steps up.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
NYRangers said:

I'm not disputing how good Tyutin is. As I pointed out in my last post, I simply haven't seen Tyutin play except for the few times I watched the Rangers on Center Ice (and the one NYR game here in Nashville last season). Even then, I wasn't keeping tabs on him, so we will call my opinion on him as less than informed. However, I was trying to say that for Tyutin to be better than Hamhuis as an all-around defensemen..........he must have been downright brilliant for a rookie. I thought it pretty much went without saying that Hamhuis was the best rookie defensemen last season, but maybe I am wrong.....or maybe posters are simply claiming Tyutin has the potential to be a better all-around defensemen than Hamhuis. Either way, I can only speak about Hamhuis in this debate for reasons pointed out earlier. I would wager that most of the people here claiming Tyutin is better than Hamhuis in his overall game have yet to really see Hamhuis play (like me for Tyutin.)

Prucha73

nomorekids said:
Ditto to Hamhuis. He's being painted as an offensive defenseman, but honestly...last year...his offense didn't really impress me all that much. He's a good passer and has a nice shot..but what BLEW ME AWAY was his defensive play. He has THE BEST poke check of any defenseman the Predators have ever had, and I can't think of a single guy I'd rather have back on an odd-man rush. Tyutin may have a well-rounded game, but so does Hamhuis..and living in the NY area, I saw a lot of Rangers games(including a few in person) and, bias aside...I think Fedor is going to be a good one, kind of reminds me of a young Zubov, actually...but Hamhuis is a couple steps up.

Young Zubov? I don't see it, maybe Ohlund or young Boris Mironov. And after watching the legendary pokechecker Tom Poti, I think most Ranger fans will prefer a guy who rather take the guy out of play with his body than try to pokecheck it away.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Prucha73 said:
Young Zubov? I don't see it, maybe Ohlund or young Boris Mironov. And after watching the legendary pokechecker Tom Poti, I think most Ranger fans will prefer a guy who rather take the guy out of play with his body than try to pokecheck it away.

okay, you're right. Hamhuis is just another Tom Poti, and Tyutin is clearly superior.

Well, AverageProspect73, this calls for a poll!

TO THE POLLBOARD!

Prucha73

nomorekids said:
okay, you're right. Hamhuis is just another Tom Poti, and Tyutin is clearly superior.

Well, AverageProspect73, this calls for a poll!

TO THE POLLBOARD!

huh? forget it. :shakehead

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Prucha73 said:
what in god's name are you talking about ? a young ohlund or boris mironov ? which is it, good or bad...

and are you comparing hamhuis to poti, i'm not sure, but if you are i don't believe you should be typing anymore

Prucha73

andora said:
what in god's name are you talking about ? a young ohlund or boris mironov ? which is it, good or bad...

and are you comparing hamhuis to poti, i'm not sure, but if you are i don't believe you should be typing anymore

Mironov is an extremely underrated defenseman, I don't know when or why or how he got some bad reputation, but he is a solid defenseman. I haven't seen him in Chicago much, but he was good with the Rangers and even better with the Oilers.

And no I wasn't comparing Hamhuis to Poti.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i don't see how he is underrated, i'm sure most would see him as a decent defenseman to have on your team in a bottom four role. however, comparing him to ohlund imo is definitely off, a (imo) top ten all around defenseman in the whole nhl

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Mironov has a bad reputation in most places, but he actually played quite well here for the Rangers. Tyutin can be compared to Mironov, when Bobo's interested, that is.

Prucha73

Mironov is probably the meanest and most physical and dirty defenseman we had since Ulf Samuelsson. He makes you pay the price for staying near the net and is not afraid to nail star players with really hard hits.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
ok, so he hacks you with his stick in front of the net.. honestly, big deal. and hitting stars with big hard hits, ohlund does that too

Prucha73

andora said:
ok, so he hacks you with his stick in front of the net.. honestly, big deal. and hitting stars with big hard hits, ohlund does that too

it is big deal, when most of our defense don't do these things. I am not sure what Ohlund has to do with this, I never said that Mironov is better than Ohlund.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
forgive me then, i just went from you quoting 'ohlund or a young mironov'

you just used him in your post that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad