Tyutin or Hamhuis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
tyutin is a bit odd...he could put up a lot of points but i kind of don't think he will. he'll probably play a good two way game and do decent on the points end, but i dont' think he'll really use all his offensive talent. sometimes he just busts it out and wracks up a bunch of points, but usually it's just the two way game

maybe he'll kind of grow into a more offensive role, especially if they decide to use him on the PP, but i wouldn't expect him to put up a ton of points in the NHL to start off

Prucha73

Tyutin has the tools, but maybe the toolbox is missing. I think he lacks vision and/or creativity in the offensive zone.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
dunno if i'd say that...i just dont' think he has the desire to rack up a lot of points

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I'll go against the concensus and say Tyutin. I think that FT has a chance of getting 1st pairing PP time, which is less likely for Hamhuis because NASH has better offensive d-men now (Zdilicky, Timmonen) and prospects (Suter) coming up.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Tyutin. He showed me a lot in his first year. Should be a very good #3 or solid #2 d-man for years to come.

As for Prucha - how can you say he lacks vision and creativity? His vision is on of his biggest assets, and he will often make a creative and nifty play in the offensive zone.

My only concern about Tyutin is that Russian expressionless attitude which I can't stand.

Prucha73

Barnaby said:
Tyutin. He showed me a lot in his first year. Should be a very good #3 or solid #2 d-man for years to come.

As for Prucha - how can you say he lacks vision and creativity? His vision is on of his biggest assets, and he will often make a creative and nifty play in the offensive zone.

My only concern about Tyutin is that Russian expressionless attitude which I can't stand.

I saw him play plenty of times and he rather let it rip from a bad angle on the PP than look to make some creative pass to set up a play. I have a feeling some coach in juniors brainwashed him into shooting as much as possible.

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
I'll go with Hamhuis.

I don't see Tjutin developing into an elite scoring defenseman. I see him as more of a 30-35 point guy, with good +/- and the ability to eat a lot of minutes in all situations.

The problem with Tjutin, I think, is really his skating. Not that it's bad, but that it isn't really 'elite'. When Tjutin wants to score, he tends to take off on rushes. When he does, he scores in bunches. But since his skating isn't really elite, he can't always get back into position if things don't go his way on offense. Eventually he gets caught up ice enough times to cool it and stop rushing. Then he stops scoring. He doesn't score for awhile, and eventually he decides to start rushing... and the whole cycle repeats itself.

Hamhuis I think is just a little more versatile, and I don't think his scoring will be as erratic as Tjutin's is... though of course I still believe Tjutin will be a fine NHL defenseman.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Hamhuis...

Hamuis is already a huge hitter at the NHL level and will only get better. I also feel that Hamuis will put up better points even though he will be on the second pairing. I do feel though that Hamuis will be a top pairing dman in the future.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Tyutin will probably get more even strength points. How much a defensemen scores on the PP is not entierly up to the player but much more how the players around them play.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Prucha73 said:
ok, but that doesn't mean I am wrong.

Yes it does.

One of Tyutins greatest assets as a hockey player is his vision. He is very solid defensively, and has some creativity in the offensive zone - just look at the 1st goal he scored last year by taking the puck, wrapping around the net, and slipping it in

Let's hear someone knowledgable throw out statements. Don't act like an authority on things that make no sense.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Barnaby said:
Yes it does.

One of Tyutins greatest assets as a hockey player is his vision. He is very solid defensively, and has some creativity in the offensive zone - just look at the 1st goal he scored last year by taking the puck, wrapping around the net, and slipping it in

Let's hear someone knowledgable throw out statements. Don't act like an authority on things that make no sense.

:shakehead: get a grip

i can throw out a bunch of statements about hamhuis and his positives, does that cancel out what you just said about tyutin? no..

and it doesn't make that guy wrong when someone disagrees

jeez

Prucha73

Barnaby said:
Yes it does.

What does his first goal have to do with anything? I am saying he does not properly utilize his teammates, he rarely tries to make a pass to set up some play, instead choosing usually to take a shot himself--he has a lot of confidence in his shot and he does have a great shot, but he needs to be more creative sometimes, because those long and often bad angle shots will rarely result in anything in NHL.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The problem with Tjutin, I think, is really his skating. Not that it's bad, but that it isn't really 'elite'. When Tjutin wants to score, he tends to take off on rushes. When he does, he scores in bunches. But since his skating isn't really elite, he can't always get back into position if things don't go his way on offense. Eventually he gets caught up ice enough times to cool it and stop rushing. Then he stops scoring. He doesn't score for awhile, and eventually he decides to start rushing... and the whole cycle repeats itself.

that's kinda how i feel about it...not sure if i'm "down" on his skating as much as you, he just kinda seems to have that lazy russian skate up the ice...he's not flying up the ice but he just methodically skates through everything. but i think you're right in that his scoring probably tends to come in fits, when he decides he wants to rush a little more than. i wonder if that might come from the coaches in hartford too...they might reign him in more than he'd like, hard to tell. but yeah i don't exactly see him being an elite offensive defenseman...though i think if he really dedicated himself to it, he could score a lot of points

CaptainBure

Sep 3, 2004
Tyutin....I dont really think it matters,they will both be all-star defenseman,hamhuis is more of an offensive power play qb,but Tyutin is better all around,so offensively,hamhuis,collecetively you have to say tyutin i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad