Boxing: Tyson vs Jones

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Wow, if this actually goes ahead I'm very curious to see the betting odds.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Roy Jones is going to get destroyed.

There is no basis for this.

Edit - Ok maybe there is some basis for this. But I wouldn't completely write off RJJ. Also since it's an exhibition bout for charity, who knows how seriously they're going to take this.

Last edited:

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I read more into this and apparently there's going to be a 'No Knockdown' agreement and no judges either? Yeah, this is just for show, not an actual fight.

Tyson doesn't have an off switch.

I suppose the intrigue lies in whether Tyson will actually try to take RJJ's head off.

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Roy Jones is going to get destroyed.
RJJ is a legend in his own right. The one big thing Tyson has over him is that Tyson retired a long, long time ago and probably has more of his brain in tact than Roy does at this point. On the flip side, Roy still fought professionally only two years ago so the experience of being in the ring again isn't so foreign for him. Could really go either way IMO.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Jones is going to box him up from range imo. Tyson has T-Rex arms and not enough technique. He will gas and Jones will batter his right eye, that's how I see this playing out.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Jones was on a podcast yesterday and he was talking about it. It's supposed to be an exhibition and he stated the use of headgear may or may not happen. Also not sure about the size of gloves. If they get in there and dance around this was suck. Roy said Mike will hit a lot harder so he cannot assume Tyson will go easy on him.

Jones said he will probably weigh 205, I think Tyson will be at least 240

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Stuff like this makes me sad. Prime RJJ was probably the best to ever do it, but ever since that bouncing up and down in weight after getting the HW title he's been shot.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Jones was on a podcast yesterday and he was talking about it. It's supposed to be an exhibition and he stated the use of headgear may or may not happen. Also not sure about the size of gloves. If they get in there and dance around this was suck. Roy said Mike will hit a lot harder so he cannot assume Tyson will go easy on him.

no way Tyson would be 240. 220 max.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

I want a real fight.

Offer the winner a fight with the Fury/Joshua winner, and a guaranteed $10 million payday in an undisputed championship fight. To really get them motivated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad