Value of: Tyson Jost

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I dont even think that gets it done tbh. Stone is a hell of a player. It's going to take the 1st, roster player, and good prospect deal to get him from Ottawa. Jost is not a good enough roster player and Meloche doesn't get it done as the prospect.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Puljujarvi doesn't seem like a Sakic or Bednar player to me. They both seem to generally like smaller, hard working, smart players with "character". Which is probably why the organization seems to love Jost so much. Bednar himself doesn't seem to have too much time for guys who don't skate at least decently well and work hard. Avs' biggest need is a second line centre by far anyways - they should be preserving their assets (including Jost) to form a package for one of those when they invariably become available. Sometime this season, or in the offseason. That also means they don't have a centre who could get much out of Puljujarvi right now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's a 20-year-old second-year player who probably will end up having to move to the wing. You have no clue how good he will or won't become. That said I don't think he has the value to be the centerpiece of a trade for the type of young star C that we need to anchor a second cup caliber scoring line behind the bottle kids.

Such a trade would probably entail the ottawa pick + a young NHLer like Kerfoot + one of our best non-Makar prospects, like Timmins; if we're talking about something this season...or maybe Barrie + our own 1st + Kerfoot/Kaut, if it happened in the summer; once Makar has gotten his feet wet in a smaller role.

Reactions: Burnaby Joe

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I remember when I proposed a Vince Dunn for Jost trade -got laughed off the board. Aves fans insisted he was a top line center and Dunn was a junk prospect.

Glad that trade never happened.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I remember when I proposed a Vince Dunn for Jost trade -got laughed off the board. Aves fans insisted he was a top line center and Dunn was a junk prospect.

Glad that trade never happened.
Well thanks for the reminder buddy. Right now Dunn wouldn't help us much we need secondary scoring not a dman. We also Avs fan didn't want to trade Duchene for unproven Barzal at the time. Sometimes you get wrong and sometimes you get it right :nod:

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Always loved jost and still think he can rebound, we don’t have muxh extra you could use that makes sense,

Tatar for jost?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Jost is likely staying at least another season and can't see the AVs moving him unless a much bigger package is involved in the deal.

Being just 20, he is already playing strong defensively, strengthened in the offseason and has an excellent attitude. Offense is still a struggle, but likely due to being rushed too early.

He might not be the expected 2C, but playing LW or 3C might be better suited for his game. The 2019 Draft could result in getting the 2C the AVs crave.

Reactions: Brett44

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
na tbh he hasn't looked good in the NHL so far, at all

He’s definitely struggled at wing because of his skating. But he’s been great defensively; if you throw him on the wing and shorten up the rink for him that’d help him tremendously.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Jost is likely staying at least another season and can't see the AVs moving him unless a much bigger package is involved in the deal.

Being just 20, he is already playing strong defensively, strengthened in the offseason and has an excellent attitude. Offense is still a struggle, but likely due to being rushed too early.

He might not be the expected 2C, but playing LW or 3C might be better suited for his game. The 2019 Draft could result in getting the 2C the AVs crave.

Player with an excellent attitude and not sure if he's a winger or a center... that screams to be a BarginBin special. Kid have all the tool!!!

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Would consider a jost+2019 1st+Timmins deal for Kadri if the leafs wanted to play nylander at Center.
:laugh:

As for Jost's struggles, it makes absolutely no sense to trade him with his value at its lowest it was since the draft. He has been doing really well defensively but has struggled offensively a great deal. Bednar should finally decide to move him to the wing as his skating is limiting his impact on both ends of the ice, meaning he can either be very good defensively and average offensively, or cheat offensively and have his defensive game suffer as the result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad