Tyson Jost

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Y'all are just gonna get the puckbunnies riled up - Nadia has been grinding that axe for three years now, she's ready to start swinging.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
A long stick is not good considering his skating and strength as well. Defenceman are that much closer to the puck when checking him which is a problem considering he has no break away speed. He should shorten the distance from his hands to the puck.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Jost won't end up in the AHL, I just can't see the organization pulling that move. He's going to get his chance to sink or swim this year, and depending how that goes and/or if the Avs are okay with him settling in a lower role or not will determine what happens to him this summer. If the Avs are not happy, Jost will be traded at or before the draft for a similar situation player or a 2nd/3rd round pick. If they are okay with it, the obviously Jost sticks around.

Reactions: klozge

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Jost won't end up in the AHL, I just can't see the organization pulling that move. He's going to get his chance to sink or swim this year, and depending how that goes and/or if the Avs are okay with him settling in a lower role or not will determine what happens to him this summer. If the Avs are not happy, Jost will be traded at or before the draft for a similar situation player or a 2nd/3rd round pick. If they are okay with it, the obviously Jost sticks around.

I see him being part of a bigger package for a top 6 player if he gets traded. He’d be that Kamenev, Grigo type player that teams hope they can turn into the players everyone thought they could be.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Oh good, I'm already arguing with Mile High Hockey about Jost. Can't wait until a certain Avs blogger catches wind...
Anchorman-2-The-Legend-Continue-Steve-Carell-Brick-Tamland-Youre-Gonna-Die.gif.gif

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If Jost makes that Tampa Bay offsides mistake again like last season this place will implode under the weight of its own venom sack

Reactions: missionAvs

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
He’s going to center the third line tomorrow, due to Compher injury. Hopefully he finds his place there between Wilson and Nieto.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, people can blast me all they want, but I'm done. He's a bust. I don't see a serviceable NHL player. Not one worth keeping at least. And I'm willing to bet the Avs are already making plans to move on, the question is how.

That means both 2014 and 2016 yielded absolutely NOTHING in the draft. That's not acceptable. Sakic needs to do more to improve that despite the fact that there's definitely more talent in the system.

Reactions: Kaizer

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jost isn't creating enough offense, but he's still keeping a lot of plays alive with good forechecks and puck battles, and breaking up a lot of plays with good back checks and a good stick. He's not a completely useless player out there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nope, I've made it quite clear I don't hate him. On the contrary, he's just about the easiest guy to root for on the roster. No one would love to be wrong about this more than me. I just think it's time to face facts. If I'm wrong, I'll be thrilled to throw that crow in the microwave and eat it with a side of beans.

What's so disconcerting to me is that there's been no progress really. None. He hasn't really improved as an NHL player, and I just don't see it all of a sudden coming together in a year or so. And I'm pretty sure, given his sheltered and very spare usage, that the Avalanche are pretty much done with him as well.

Reactions: Clainer09

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nope, I've made it quite clear I don't hate him. On the contrary, he's just about the easiest guy to root for on the roster. No one would love to be wrong about this more than me. I just think it's time to face facts. If I'm wrong, I'll be thrilled to throw that crow in the microwave and eat it with a side of beans.

What's so disconcerting to me is that there's been no progress really. None. He hasn't really improved as an NHL player, and I just don't see it all of a sudden coming together in a year or so. And I'm pretty sure, given his sheltered and very spare usage, that the Avalanche are pretty much done with him as well.

This better end up on youtube.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As @Pokecheque is getting at though, there just hasn't been any real flashes of improvement. He plays better at center than wing, but he isn't a good enough center to beat out other options (as I stated in the other thread, he'll have to beat out Compher who is a better player IMO). If there was improvement or something that looks like a high end NHL skill, you'd be more inclined to give rope. Now we are in his 3rd NHL season and he's still just such a meh player.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I'm not sure he even will settle into a lower line role. The guy just doesn't have it.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Jost isn't creating enough offense, but he's still keeping a lot of plays alive with good forechecks and puck battles, and breaking up a lot of plays with good back checks and a good stick. He's not a completely useless player out there.
All of this is debatable.

When I see him play I see him take low percentage shots that either go wide and come out of the zone or get deflected into the screen. If he doesn't shoot the puck usually gets tangled and lost in the other teams players that are back. He clearly can't make decisions fast enough in the NHL to make a play other than whatever is immediately in front of him. This usually leads to a turn over or a wasted possession.

He's not useless but he's not really useful either. At least on the Avs. I think he either gets traded and tried elsewhere, or rides out the year and gets a 1 year deal somewhere before landing in Europe.

Reactions: Kaizer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad