Value of: Tyson Barrie

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Would Avs do Nylander, Gardiner and Pickard ( lol ) for Barrie and Jost? You guys can flip Gardiner at the deadline pretty easily and Barrie contract expires after Marleau comes off the books. Jost can play on the right side of Matthews. Nylander could be the 2C the Avs need. I’m sure I’m in the minority of Leaf fans, but I love Barrie haha, I think his transition play is what the Leafs desperately need on the right side.

Why? So Jost can play on Leafs 4th line?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Barrie is an elite elite offensive Dman, and most fans are underrating the impact whichever team who trades for him will be getting.

As for the trade itself I think we are still a season too early as the Avs are going through a lot of roster changes so its difficult to analyze what their current needs are until all of their young kids and prospects settle into spots a little.

Also its important to note that once Timmins or Makar make the NHL and get comfortable he will be moveable but until then it will be very hard for the Avs to move him as he is such a huge part of their team currently.

Once we get to the TDL, I think we can really start looking into this with more clarity as right now we don't even know which type of return the Avs would likely to be looking for in terms of a current roster player of package of futures.

Either way we have seen these situations be a strong suit for Sakic so whichever teams gets him better be ready to go in big on him.

Reactions: klozge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->