Value of: Tyson Barrie

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
If the Avs were to trade Barrie what could he, realistically, get back in a trade? The Avs have Makar/Timmins/Meloche coming up and one of the strengths of our prospect pool is definitely RD. Barrie is MacK’s best friend and anytime I’ve seen MacK out in Denver, it’s always been with Barrie, so hopefully we don’t upset him too much with the trade. But if Sakic does move him it’ll probably be at the trade deadline, if we’re out of it, or at the end of the season. So what should Avs fans expect to get in return for Barrie?

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Our need are a second line winger or center between 18 and 24 year old and a young LHD or Sakic can look for a 1st round pick and B prospect.

Toronto=> 1st pick 2019 and Kapanen
Florida=> Tippet and 1st or 2nd round 2019
Pittsburg=> Sprong and 1st 2019 (we take a cap dump)
Détroit => Mantha ,2nd 2019

More i think more i think it's won't be easy To trade Barrie.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Our need are a second line winger or center between 18 and 24 year old and a young LHD or Sakic can look for a 1st round pick and B prospect.

I think the price is fair but I doubt Barrie would be high on TO's acquire list.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Awful for the Avs in every way.

Why are we trying to get a 1st round pick? We already have 2 1sts in this years draft and we're a team with playoff aspirations.

Avs say no easily to all of those deals. The value isn't good for starters and we dont want futures pieces.

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'd rather not see Avs trading Barrie. There, I have jumped from that ship for now. It's true that players that go through arbitration seldom re-sign long term with their old teams but I think Avs will be able to sign him anyway, just pay what he is worth (~7M+ per?).

We need 1-2 truly legit top six forwards before we can even think about competing for the cup, but we have two first round draft picks in 2019 draft in which there are a lot of very good forward options. Those picks, especially Ottawas pick which I believe is going to be top five, should solve our forward situation for the future. Those picks and one top six UFA addition should do the trick.

We need to get better. To get better, we need good players. Makar, Timmins and Meloche are nice, but none of those have yet proven to be NHL players, not to mention top pairing material. They're just potential now (to be fair, I'd be VERY suprised if we didn't get at least one top four guy out of those three). Barrie is a damn good player, with right partner he can play top pairing and at worst he can be superb second pairing guy that can play top pairing if injuries hit. IF we were to trade Barrie I'd look for 1 for 1 swap or trade Barrie+ for an upgrade. Quality for quality - we have enough quantity.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
A young top 6 center/winger would be the ask. From my team that is RNH, and theres no way he's going anywhere after the crazy chemistry he's shown with Mcjesus.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Avs have all sorts of promising picks and prospects, but at some point you need ACTUAL players, as opposed to potential players. Throwing young Dmen into starting positions in the NHL before they are ready, or without mentors, is irresponsible.

It's easier to get a young, highly ranked winger in the draft and plug him into the NHL. Dmen, and C's, take more time.

In other words, hold onto Barrie, unless someone makes you an offer you can't refuse.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Me too i prefer keep Barrie but 2 problem.

1. If the next contract cost 7m for 6 year . For me it 's too much and with Makar and Timmins who arrived.

2. Seattle arrived in 2 years who will be protected ?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Straight up maybe for Nylander? Would any team have to add there? I think Toronto might have to toss in a 2019 2nd.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Gardiner+Nylander for Barrie+ something heavy.
Dermott can pull Gardiners weight on the left side, and Barrie can play as a top4 RD with Zaitsev in the top 4.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Gardiner+Nylander for Barrie+ something heavy.
Dermott can pull Gardiners weight on the left side, and Barrie can play as a top4 RD with Zaitsev in the top 4.

The Avs have no need for Gardiner. Just drop him and make it Barrie for Nylander...

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
A young top 6 center/winger would be the ask. From my team that is RNH, and theres no way he's going anywhere after the crazy chemistry he's shown with Mcjesus.
I'm with you on this one. If RNH hadn't clicked so well with McD then he would have been a good one for one swap if av's traded Barrie. I'm good with keeping Barrie though.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'm with you on this one. If RNH hadn't clicked so well with McD then he would have been a good one for one swap if av's traded Barrie. I'm good with keeping Barrie though.
I think its in your best interest in keeping Barrie. Makar and Timmins are freaking great prospects but they are just that, prospects. Keep Macks best friend on the team until one of them take his job and force you to trade him for help somewhere else.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I think its in your best interest in keeping Barrie. Makar and Timmins are freaking great prospects but they are just that, prospects. Keep Macks best friend on the team until one of them take his job and force you to trade him for help somewhere else.

Realistically, the debate in whether to trade Barrie or not for Avs fans is based on two reasons. We have some promising prospects that will likely fill that spot, hopefully as well if not better. Two, the expansion draft.

Its the sort of "if we're going to lose him to Seattle, might as well get something back before then".

The Avs roster is young enough that many won't be eligible if it happens when its expected to. So currently on defense there's basically an "odd man out" scenario for players you'd want to keep long term.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If the Avs were to trade Barrie i’d Want a prospect, one year protected 1st, 3rd a veteran to flip to another team and a back up goalie.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
If the Avs were to trade Barrie i’d Want a prospect, one year protected 1st, 3rd a veteran to flip to another team and a back up goalie.
Would Avs do Nylander, Gardiner and Pickard ( lol ) for Barrie and Jost? You guys can flip Gardiner at the deadline pretty easily and Barrie contract expires after Marleau comes off the books. Jost can play on the right side of Matthews. Nylander could be the 2C the Avs need. I’m sure I’m in the minority of Leaf fans, but I love Barrie haha, I think his transition play is what the Leafs desperately need on the right side.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Only way Barrie goes is straight up to Toronto for Mitch Marner. Neither team’s fans will like the trade, TO fans will riot just reading this, but it fills potential holes for each with a dynamic player.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Barrie proposed trades must avoid the Leafs if there is any chance the thread won’t be locked.

:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad