Value of: Tyson Barrie

ThomasG

Hockey is simulated in a computer program
Jul 22, 2017
Vancouver
Let's say that with all of Colorado's cap space they sign John Carlson, what then would be the cost for the Oilers to aquirac Barrie? 10 overall is definitely in play, what else would be of interest to the avs?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
AVS are past trading core players in their prime for draft picks. Barrie is certainly a good fit for Edmonton but the Oilers can't pay what the AVS need (legit top 6er). Unless the Oils are open to include Draisaitl in a bigger trade but I don't see that happening.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'd rather have a D like below than trade Barrie for magic beans, it's time to move towards becoming a perennial playoff team, and not taking one step forward, one step backward. Avs shouldn't be in the business of trading the D with highest ppg average - not counting human cheat code in EK - who is also a perfect fit for the way they play and is the BFF of their franchise player.

Zadorov - Barrie
Girard - EJ
Nemeth - Carlson
Barberio

Pairings above susceptible to change and Carlson on the 3rd non-indicative of him being the 3rd best RHD, nor should that pairing be looked at as a 3rd pairing. That D looks like one of the better in the league and as a strength to build upon and with the 1st line of Gabe -Nate - Mikko a solid foundation to become a perennial playoff team if not Cup contender. The holes on the roster would remain the 2nd line center - could be filled internally with Jost -, scoring winger, and a more reliable goalie than Varlamov health wise.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’d ask for Drai. The oilers would decline, but I’m just not all that interested in acquiring more picks and prospects. Gotta start to pull out of the rebuild sometime.

Reactions: IWantSakicAsMyGM

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I think going for futures only makes sense for the avs if 1. They flip those futures + additional pieces for a legitimate upgrade or 2. They’ve already decided they aren’t going to extend Barrie in 2 years and want to cash in on his phenomenal year.

In terms of pure value, I think Shattenkirk is the best comparable to Barrie. When he still had term left on his contract similar to Barries current term, his value was Hall or Drouin straight up. Of coarse, Shattenkirk nixed these trades with his NMC but that was his value at the time and Barrie is a very similar player. The Yandle trade would be an example using only futures, so good prospect + 1st + 2nd.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If the Avs sign Carlson all it means is they’ll have a d corp of EJ/Barrie/Carlson/Zadorov/Girard next year. For a franchise that went through such horrible years of defense that type of back end is deserved.

Unless somebody offers Colorado a 1B type center that they can play as a luxury on their 2nd line they aren’t trading Barrie. He’s too good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad