Value of: Tyson Barrie

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I know he's in like 92875345 threads at this point :laugh:, but I wanted to make one of these so I could accurately value him as a player.

What would it take to get Barrie?

I'm a Rangers fan, so strating from that, I'd offer:

One of Staal/Klein
One of Kreider/Hayes

and I would want back:

Barrie
Mid range pick (3rd-5th rounder)

Preferably, I'd do Klein + Kreider. I think that a) adequately replaces the lost RHD on the Avs, and b) Gives them an element of speed that would fit well with their other young players.

Fair? If not, tell me! :)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I know he's in like 92875345 threads at this point :laugh:, but I wanted to make one of these so I could accurately value him as a player.

One of Staal/Klein
One of Kreider/Hayes

and I would want back:

Barrie

Preferably, I'd do Klein + Kreider. I think that a) adequately replaces the lost RHD on the Avs, and b) Gives them an element of speed that would fit well with their other young players.

Not at all, Barrie's value is significantly higher.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Im a ranger fan and at first I had proposed Kreider & Stepan and a 2nd for Duchene & Barrie I was laughed away from avs fans (especially avsfan44) who seems to never take any proposal thrown towards the avs lightly so I don't think anything revolving around kreider for barrie would work because IMO stepan is pretty fair for Duchene but maybe that's just because ive been watching Stepan so closely for all these years and appreciate his game for what it is.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
If you had Barrie with 3 more RFA years, would anything short of McDonagh convince you to trade him to the Rangers?

Didn't think so.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
From the Oilers, I would offer...
Piece #1 - choice of; RNH or Eberle
Piece #2 - choice of; Davidson, Reinhart or 2018 2nd round pick (we don't have a 2017 2nd).

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Piece #2 - choice of; Davidson, Reinhart or 2018 2nd round pick (we don't have a 2017 2nd).

You want Barrie, we want Draisaitl. If you don't want to give up Draisaitl, we'll gladly keep Barrie.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They could have probably gotten Taylor Hall for him but it's too late for that now. If I was Colorado I would've done Barrie for Hall and then signed Demers.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'd rather keep Barrie off his arbitration award than lose him for any of the assets discussed here so far.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd think about Klein + Kreider + the 2nd you just got with Zibanejad, and I wouldn't add a pick. I like Kreider and I'm not sure why.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Ahh that seems like a superb deal, not only do we get a downgrade on D but then we have to resign your RFA as well and get an underperfoming Nash who you never know what you will get from him.

You must really want to reunite the Holden-Barrie duo. Good call on that one

Mar 14, 2011

One of Staal/Klein
One of Kreider/Hayes

and I would want back:

Barrie

Marc Staal + Kevin Hayes is a very fair package for Barrie + a 3rd rounder.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

RNH + Davidson for Barrie.
No way Jose

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
okay, since Avs fans are all sour about this.

WHAT DO YOU WANT for Barrie? Give me some specifics on the player(s) you want to receive back--not this "well you want this, so we want that".

You're not getting a equal-level replacement for Barrie by trading Barrie -- that's not how this works. You can trade Barrie for a top 6 or top 3 forward, absolutely.

Otherwise I would have just proposed a D swap of McDonagh for Barrie--which again isn't what I asked about to begin this thread.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Marc Staal + Kevin Hayes is a very fair package for Barrie + a 3rd rounder.

I thought it was. Only because Hayes has 60 point Centerman potential, and Staal is already locked in on a $5.7M contract and is a top 4 dman (which, ironically, is an indirect Barrie replacement). Hell, I'd even RETAIN on Marc Staal.

This is all on top of the fact that the Avs don't even want to pay Barrie the $7-8M he's worth. If that's how you're going to play, Barrie's going to take as many arbitration awards as possible and then walk to UFA as fast as possible to get out of the organization.

So, Let's try this again.

Marc Staal @ $4M ($1.7M Retained)
Kevin Hayes

FOR

Tyson Barrie (Pending RFA who wants a long term deal at $7M+)
3rd Rounder

If you'd also want Nash @ 50% retained, then you'd have to add a 1st rounder and/or mid-to-high end prospect

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

WHAT DO YOU WANT for Barrie? Give me some specifics on the player(s) you want to receive back--not this "well you want this, so we want that".

You're not getting a equal-level replacement for Barrie by trading Barrie -- that's not how this works. You can trade Barrie for a top 6 or top 3 forward, absolutely.

Otherwise I would have just proposed a D swap of McDonagh for Barrie--which again isn't what I asked about to begin this thread.

We don't want anything for Barrie, we're happy to resign him.

A month ago, we'd be discussing at the 4th OV for Barrie. There's nothing else on the Rangers roster that the Avs would want unless it's an extreme overpayment package, or a swap like McDonagh.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I thought it was. Only because Hayes has 60 point Centerman potential, and Staal is already locked in on a $5.7M contract and is a top 4 dman (which, ironically, is an indirect Barrie replacement). Hell, I'd even RETAIN on Marc Staal.

This is all on top of the fact that the Avs don't even want to pay Barrie the $7-8M he's worth. If that's how you're going to play, Barrie's going to take as many arbitration awards as possible and then walk to UFA as fast as possible to get out of the organization.

So, Let's try this again.

Marc Staal @ $4M ($1.7M Retained)
Kevin Hayes

FOR

Tyson Barrie (Pending RFA who wants a long term deal at $7M+)
3rd Rounder

If you'd also want Nash @ 50% retained, then you'd have to add a 1st rounder and/or mid-to-high end prospect

I've bolded the parts that you should feel ashamed for typing

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Im a ranger fan and at first I had proposed Kreider & Stepan and a 2nd for Duchene & Barrie I was laughed away from avs fans (especially avsfan44) who seems to never take any proposal thrown towards the avs lightly so I don't think anything revolving around kreider for barrie would work because IMO stepan is pretty fair for Duchene but maybe that's just because ive been watching Stepan so closely for all these years and appreciate his game for what it is.

I've got a fan :) It should be fairly self evident why that does not work.

Right...so then the Avs will just keep him for now? There's no rush here, he's got three RFA years left. The Avs have at least a year to deal with trading Barrie if they can't get him signed long term. This is far more complicated than just "what level of top six forward do you want for the guy?" If the Avs made a move like that, then it has to be followed up by a move of a top six forward for a defensman, because they can't run a Barrie-less defense with no replacement coming back. That likely was the reason McKenzie and Friedman both mentioned the Avs had a lot of interest in Trouba, and Dreger mentioning the Avs discussed Landeskog for Lindholm with Anaheim. Barrie for a top six forward isn't just one trade, it has to be followed up by another equally big trade, so you're not going to get an answer you want. At this point, Barrie is likely going to be an Av come training camp.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

We want to keep Barrie, and since he's a RFA for 3 more years, we can easily do that for at least 2 years. If you want Barrie, you need to convince us to trade him. Don't expect us to accept your package deal of players you're willing to move, especially if your package deal comes with a higher cap hit than Barrie likely will.

The only thing the Rangers can offer that convinces me to move Barrie is McDonagh. If you don't like the price for Barrie, go talk to St Louis about Shattenkirk.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Rightfully so, you don't just throw Duchene in there like some secondary piece. :laugh: Let's put it this way, if the Avs were going to trade both in a package they wouldn't be calling the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad