Value of: Tyson Barrie to the Leafs

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I know, a 24 year old 50+ point defensman actually worth a high end young centre? Shocking I tell you.

JVR and Barrie are 26 months apart. stop trying to make it seem like they are 3 years because barries birthday isnt for another 3 weeks

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Barrie is just as much a 50pt dman as JVR is a 30/30 goal winger with size. barrie also turns 25 this month so there is that....
leafs could do better than a 5'9 offense only dman imho

He is? Barrie has been in the league three proper seasons. In season 1 he played 64 games, 38 points, a 49 point pace. In the second season 53 points in 80 games. This past season, 49 points in 78 games, a 51 point pace. Arguing Barrie is not a 50 point defensman is purely semantics and quibbling over something should be self evidently true.

JVR has hit 60 points once, and he has...well, he's never actually been on pace for 60 points at any other point in his 7 year NHL career. That was a good try though.

JVR and Barrie are 26 months apart. stop trying to make it seem like they are 3 years because barries birthday isnt for another 3 weeks

Did you even bother reading what I said? Irrelevant, I was not discussing JVR in my post.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Center piece would be Nylander + don't think leafs would do it neither would avs. Avs have better nylander in Makinnon and leafs Do not want to give there one of there big four ie (Matthews,Marner,Nylander,Reilly).

the least untouchable guy on the list is nylander and even then the leafs don't move him for Barrie. maybe for mackinnon but we have a better mackinnon in Matthews so that doesnt make sense

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He is? Barrie has been in the league three proper seasons. In season 1 he played 64 games, 38 points, a 49 point pace. In the second season 53 points in 80 games. This past season, 49 points in 78 games, a 51 point pace. Arguing Barrie is not a 50 point defensman is purely semantics and quibbling over something should be self evidently true.

JVR has hit 60 points once, and he has...well, he's never actually been on pace for 60 points at any other point in his 7 year NHL career. That was a good try though.

and there goes your credibility.

JVR 2014-2015 full pace = 59.45

thats what i call semantics. JVR was a 0.05ppg from being at a 60 pt pace in 2 of 3, whereas barrie just cracked 50 in 2 of 3

63/56/59.45 = 59.48 pace over the past 3 years............I guess JVR isnt a 60 pt guy then you are right. 0.02 pts per game more though!

edit: JVR as a leaf 29g/29a/58pts/82 games. hilarious to call the guy a complimentary piece considering the AVs didnt have anyone hit 60pts last year

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
awesome I'm glad you agreed. Lock it up guys.

not really sure why people keep proposing deals for 5'9-5'10 right handed offensive dmen when we have rielly,gardiner,zaitsev and carrick who can provide more than enough from the back end. we need a 23-25 min guy who can play in all situations. barrie isnt that

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Did you even bother reading what I said? Irrelevant, I was not discussing JVR in my post.

Over the last 4 seasons he has 178 points in 250 games. One of those seasons he missed half due to injury, the other was the shortened season. I mean, you can pretend he's not a 60 point player but that's purposely not putting context into it. It's pretty clear that when he plays a full season he's gonna be close to, or hit the 60 point mark.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Over the last 4 seasons he has 178 points in 250 games. One of those seasons he missed half due to injury, the other was the shortened season. I mean, you can pretend he's not a 60 point player but that's purposely not putting context into it. It's pretty clear that when he plays a full season he's gonna be close to, or hit the 60 point mark.

shhh. the full season pace doesnt apply to JVR, only Barrie.
JVR has only averaged 29.2g/29.2g/82 games as a leaf. dont dare call him a 30/30 guy!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
and there goes your credibility.

JVR 2014-2015 full pace = 59.45

thats what i call semantics. JVR was a 0.05ppg from being at a 60 pt pace in 2 of 3, whereas barrie just cracked 50 in 2 of 3

63/56/59.45 = 59.48 pace over the past 3 years............I guess JVR isnt a 60 pt guy then you are right. 0.02 pts per game more though!

edit: JVR as a leaf 29g/29a/58pts/82 games. hilarious to call the guy a complimentary piece considering the AVs didnt have anyone hit 60pts last year

Credibility? We are on an internet forum, there is no trust-relationship here, I'm not breaking news. Do I need credentials to post here?

Great, so keep your 30 goal 60 point winger, then. If he's not complimentary, then obviously he's a key offense driving piece you should love to have. The Avs will keep their small defensman, because apparently height is a major requirement to be a good defender based on you mentioning it multiple times. This is me over here hoping that I don't have to watch JVR on the Avs after we swapped Barrie for him.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
shhh. the full season pace doesnt apply to JVR, only Barrie.
JVR has only averaged 29.2g/29.2g/82 games as a leaf. dont dare call him a 30/30 guy!

If Barrie had some 45 point season I wouldn't elevate that to a 50 point season, and if Barrie played less than half a year and put up 25 points, I wouldn't be extrapolating that into a 50 point season either. There is a difference between extrapolating 1 extra point from a 78 game season, and you extrapolating a 59 point pace to 60 points after <50% of a season.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
not really sure why people keep proposing deals for 5'9-5'10 right handed offensive dmen when we have rielly,gardiner,zaitsev and carrick who can provide more than enough from the back end. we need a 23-25 min guy who can play in all situations. barrie isnt that

Well it seems, a LEAF fan initiated this proposal ask him. Colorado fans aren't interested in trading Barrie... a d-men... for JVR ... a winger.and you wrongly pointing to Barrie's size as 5'9.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If Barrie goes the Avs need another defenseman to go in his place. Toronto doesn't have much to offer.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
the least untouchable guy on the list is nylander and even then the leafs don't move him for Barrie. maybe for mackinnon but we have a better mackinnon in Matthews so that doesnt make sense
I was saying that the leafs thinks he is part of the core so they probably do not want to move him. To say matthews will be better than Makinnon is debatable, I don't get were it came but okay.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I'm wondering what it would take to get Barrie to the Leafs using JVR.

JVR
Brendan Lepisic / Connor Carrick
2017 2nd Round pick (TBD Leafs owe one of the 3 to Anaheim)

When you make threads like these, can you adjust the title?

E.G "(Hypothetical) Tyson Barrie to the Leafs"

(Proposal) Barrie to the Leafs

I honestly clicked this thread thinking he had been traded there lol

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Of course you need RNH, you guys give top 6 centers away like candy.

Should the Avs have given Stastny $7m to be their 3C? Or given ROR $7.5m, only to not be able to afford MacKinnon?

Admittedly, letting Stastny go for nothing hurt, but given the circumstances, he wasn't getting traded during that season.

And ROR returned a bunch of nice pieces for the future. We didn't really give him away. But, we could have held out for a Kessel type return, right?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Of course you need RNH, you guys give top 6 centers away like candy.

Soderberg has more than replaced what Stastny is currently doing in St. Louis, and he's a couple of million cheaper, so by "giving away" centre's like candy you really mean just trading O'Reilly?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Barrie is fun to watch...............if you enjoy watching your overpaid miniature defender get ***** -slapped by Nikolaj Ehlers :nod:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Barrie is fun to watch...............if you enjoy watching your overpaid miniature defender get ***** -slapped by Nikolaj Ehlers :nod:

A yes, the historic fight that heated up the intense rivalry between two clubs in their quest to draft Poolparty.

Big whoop, Tyson Barrie lost a fight. He's still an incredible player that any team would love to have. By your logic, since Roy made that statue of liberty blunder, nobody would ever want him.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this deal is terrible for the leafs. let see what connor carrick is first. he just led the AHL playoffs in scoring despite being a dman and not making it to the finals.....

JVR+Carrick+2nd for Barrie? gross

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
this deal is terrible for the leafs. let see what connor carrick is first. he just led the AHL playoffs in scoring despite being a dman and not making it to the finals.....

JVR+Carrick+2nd for Barrie? gross

Leafs and Avs fans finally agree! It is a terrible deal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad