Tyson Barrie leads the way in Colorado Avalanche's mid-season Top 20

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Colorado Avalanche are in a very unique position for their franchise. They have a bevy of young talent in their organization – if you look at their roster, the team does not have many players over the age of 28 playing in the NHL this season. The problem for Colorado is, the bulk of that young talent is already on their NHL roster, leaving the cupboard a bit bare behind them.

That said, Colorado does have a bit of top end talent in their pipeline – bolstered by the recent return of former first round draft pick Joey Hishon – and a lot of players that, if everything goes just right, could make a lot of people trying to prognosticate about their future look quite silly.… read more

More...

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Just goes to show how poorly our team is covered on HFBoards when players shift positions so much. Beaupre not being on there is borderline criminal. Sgarbossa is not our second best prospect. Hishon at 17 is silly, his potential is still the highest of any of our forwards.

member 116861

Why is Aittokallio behind both Patterson and Millan?
Why is Sgarbossa #2?
Why is Hishon #17?
Why is Beaupre not mentioned but Chouinard and Young are?
Why is Connolly ahead of Heard?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm one of the biggest Sgarbossa fans on here and I wouldn't him #2, top 5 though. Hishon, Beaupre, and Aitto are too low.

My ranking:

1. Barrie
2. Siemens
3. Elliott
4. Sgarbossa
5. Hishon (will move up if he recovers)
6. Pickard
7. Aittokallio
8. Millian
9. Bourke
10. Smith
11. Heard
12. Patterson
13. Beaupre
14. Meurs
15. Condon
16. Malone
17. Blandisi
18. Clarke
19. Carey
20. Walker

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm one of the biggest Sgarbossa fans on here and I wouldn't him #2, top 5 though. Hishon, Beaupre, and Aitto are too low.

My ranking:

1. Barrie
2. Siemens
3. Elliott
4. Sgarbossa
5. Hishon (will move up if he recovers)
6. Pickard
7. Aittokallio
8. Millian
9. Bourke
10. Smith
11. Heard
12. Patterson
13. Beaupre
14. Meurs
15. Condon
16. Malone
17. Blandisi
18. Clarke
19. Carey
20. Walker

This is probably the best list I've seen thus far, however I'd probably swap Sgarbossa and Elliott positions. I don't think Sgarbossa got a real shot offensively, but he looked like he belonged at the NHL level in his skating ability and how he thinks the game. It would of been nice to see him on the wing with more talented line-mates.

Elliott needs to bulk up, and somehow find his confidence again before he should be considered that high. He hasn't been great in the AHL or the NHL this year.

Malone should probably be higher as well considering that hes proven he can hold his own in the NHL.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Why is Aittokallio behind both Patterson and Millan?
Why is Sgarbossa #2?
Why is Hishon #17?
Why is Beaupre not mentioned but Chouinard and Young are?
Why is Connolly ahead of Heard?

1. Because Aitto got overlooked, by a generally poor hockeysfuture staff
2. Because Sgarbossa is our 2nd best prospect at this time, he has played the best at the highest level, Elliott has been terrible this year and Seimens has looked decent in the WHL
3. Because Hishon has played all of like 5 games in 2 years so he is a wildcard and will move up if he plays well and proves he is healthy
4. See number 1.
5. Connolly should be ahead of Heard because Heard sucks and should never have been drafted where he was.

member 116861

1. Because Aitto got overlooked, by a generally poor hockeysfuture staff
2. Because Sgarbossa is our 2nd best prospect at this time, he has played the best at the highest level, Elliott has been terrible this year and Seimens has looked decent in the WHL
3. Because Hishon has played all of like 5 games in 2 years so he is a wildcard and will move up if he plays well and proves he is healthy
4. See number 1.
5. Connolly should be ahead of Heard because Heard sucks and should never have been drafted where he was.

- Sgarbossa has played better than Elliott but I can't say about Siemens because I haven't seen Siemens play this season. Although Sgarbossa has played better than Elliott, his potential is not as high as Elliott's and Siemens' potential in my opinion. I think Siemens and Elliott can still become top pairing defensemen while Sgarbossa's top potential is as a 2nd liner.

- Yeah Hishon is a wildcard but I think he should be higher because of his potential.

- Connolly will never make the NHL, I can guarantee that Mike Connolly will never make the NHL. Mitchell Heard won't be a great player in the NHL but his chances of making the NHL are decent and A LOT larger than Connolly's chances of making the NHL.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like this line.

18. (NR) Joseph Blandisi, C, 6.0C
Drafted 6th Round, 162nd Overall, 2012

Based on the rest of Colorado’s forward prospects, one could probably make an educated guess that Blandisi is a very talented, but under-sized, forward – and one would be right.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
HF rankings are what they are. Since they are the result of volunteers spending a lot of their time doing them I don't want to bash them. They're always good for discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad