Tyson Barrie is our best player

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
I'm not sure you can say EJ is more important than Barrie. I don't know the stats but I think we've struggled way more with Barrie out of the line up than EJ. EJ being injured right now honestly isn't that big of a deal imo.

I dont have the numbers and am not saying it tells the whole story but I would almost bet my paycheck that if we looked at this season and last the W-L record is better when EJ is out than when he is in.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I dont have the numbers and am not saying it tells the whole story but I would almost bet my paycheck that if we looked at this season and last the W-L record is better when EJ is out than when he is in.

We did pour it on in the second half of the season after Johnson got hurt at the all-star break, but I'm not sure you can match correlation to cause there. A lot of that had to do with ROR, Landy, and Iggy pulling out of their goal scoring slumps.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

And for a while earlier in the season the Canadiens were winning games left and right while Carey Price was injured. Doesn't mean anything.

EJ is more important to this team than Barrie. Not by a wide margin, but he is.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I wouldn't even really say Barrie has been hot :dunno:

He hasn't been. He has 3 points in 7 games since getting that 4 point night (Which EJ played 2/3rds of). He also has only played an average of 23:45 in those 7 games, while his season average is 23:14, so EJ's minutes for the most part are going to a variety of players. No doubt he has looked better on the ice since EJ went down though.

Same way Landeskog or MacKinnon get points while they supposedly play like crap.
Great point.

Avs are 19-21 with EJ in the Lineup. They're 16-13 with Guenin in the Lineup. Maybe it should have been EJ on waivers last week.

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
Avs are 19-21 with EJ in the Lineup. They're 16-13 with Guenin in the Lineup. Maybe it should have been EJ on waivers last week.

I only put that thought out there to say it isnt (always) one guy who you depend on for success. I get that you can't just look at those stats in a vacuum and proclaim you have the facts.

However, it does get me wondering if (just IF) a guy like EJ could be moved for several parts that may, as a whole, help the team more?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He's definitely not. He has been lately, but not over the course of the year.

Going forward, what would be more devastating an injury - Matt Duchene or Tyson Barrie? It'd be Duchene, even though defenders > wingers.

Matt Duchene is the MVP, despite his poor 10 game start.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Now imagine if he learns to run a PP and/or pass...terrifying. Love watching him play; but I also love that we have EJ to, as well as partners for both.

wat-comment-meme.jpg

Also, Duchene has been the most consistent/dominant player this year. Guy is playing like a man possessed right now. Can't knock him off the puck.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The team in general tends to have terrible fancy stats, but EJ has been a touch better than Barrie this year and last year.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Tyson Barrie, game in and game out, is the most influential player(skater) for the Colorado Avalanche. He is the most noticeable, creates the most offense, and is the most dynamic player we have. He has more of an impact on games than Duchene and MacKinnon.

Refute my statements.

why should the onus be on us to provide context, when you yourself are only providing an opinion?
I believe duchene is the best player for us right now. even when he isn't putting points up (which is rare) he's generally causing mayhem in the o-zone and creating something out of nothing. In addition Dutchy seems to draw more penalties than anyone else in the NHL with his sheer power with the puck and tenacity driving through opponents

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I like Barrie and he seems to be getting better... when he playes its like a 4th forward available
he is not better than ej, ej is a much better two way player... he is better than most players though in skating puck handling passing and shooting, most forwards too... what a good late bloomer. He an Holden have prospered and grown into some nice d men. now if we can get Seimans to take his Barrie NZT pills lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Still not sure about the best on the team but he's great. He was so good on that last shift in regulation yesterday when they tied it up. Hopefully he won't be the next structure casualty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad