Post-Game Talk (GBU): Typical

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good :

- Solid first
- Lindback wasn't what I expected, he looked pretty good. Moskau's theory may hold water.
- Hodgson with some glimpses.
- Foligno and Des trying to initiate contact. The buddy pass lead to the fight, but still glad Foligno went with Coburn.
- Larsson as the game went on particularly. Pierre dumping on him was completely unwarranted.

The Bad:

- Giving the Lightning a 2-man advantage. Silly slash by Mess after Stamkos drew the first call on Risto.
- Pierre. Shut the **** up already.
- Missing Condor for his many good games against Tampa.

The Ugly:

- NBC national games. I hate their crews, I hate their between period commentators.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Posted this in tank thread on accident.

Bad: We looked a lot better than I thought we would.
Good: That was probably as good as it gets.
Ugly: What happens when we face backups from here on out. We likely win tonight if it was Bishop or the typical fodder we've been playing.

Real Ugly: Ted Nolan is going to pump these guys up for every game and teams are going to sleep walk against us.

Real Real Ugly: Mike Smith seems to be in on Arizona's tank. Lindback has something to prove but Smith has mailed it in.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G:
Pretty good first, especially the start of the period. Decent 3rd.
I like the idea of Schaller and Larsson locking down the 4th line in the near future.
Des was playing heavy and had some chances.
Lindback.
Johnson and Kucherov are filthy. That one sequence where Johnson outskated everyone from his own end to the middle of our zone in a straight line then dished off...damn.
I like that Bogo can hit the net with his point shots more often than not. Dude can let it rip.

B
Second period.
Pierre (this is a step up from his sometimes Ugly level commentary :laugh:) I actually thought he did an alright job of acknowledging the Sabres, though at times he was reaching to make compliments.

U
Roenick's face. At least Milbury wasn't on there tonight.
Our offensive ability.
The powerplay.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
From section 320 row D seat 10...

Good
First and third periods. We played well (a lot better than I expected). We generated good offense and spent a decent amount of time in the offensive zone.

Bad
Second period. As soon as Stammer scored, I knew they would quit for a while. And they did.

Ugly
Not too much here. Our penalty kill sucks, but we already knew that.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I think Lindback missed half the game. He should put the puck on a milk carton because he had no idea where it was on most shots. He assumed he ate most pucks but gave up a bunch of rebounds without even realizing it. Tim's gotta be satisfied. Maybe he was just nervous but he didn't even get the best Lightning team. I wouldn't worry about him thieving points.

CupWanted

Memories of better days
Mar 4, 2008
The good : 22oz Sculpin in arena
The bad : $19.95
The awesome : wife

That's awesome that they carry Ballast Point beers. I'm really surprised given it's not even a Florida brewery.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
This team genuinely reminded me of the Latvian national team.

When you're employing such an aggressive forecheck your players are going to get tired as the game goes on, but if they can hold up mentally and get some support between the pipes, there aren't going to be any blowout losses even with such a talent deficient roster.

Murray has done everything to make sure the Sabres finish 30th. Love him or hate him, but Nolan has done everything to make sure they don't finish 30th. It's like watching a battle between the opposites. The Yin and the Yang. :D

Now, the only question is how long are the guys going to continue buying in into Nolan's philosophy. I mean, there's still over a month of hockey to be played.

internet toughguy

Dec 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
G
- Larsson looked good in his first look at an extended role, one that he's been pushing for. So good for him to take advantage.
- Schaller with some subtle stuff
- The team in general are emboldened by Teddy and their underdog status. Sure sounds like he has everyone's ear at this point and his message is selling
- Lindback looked fine. I remember him winning a game for NSH in 2011 against us. I think we had a 2 goal lead late and only got 1pt in an OT loss (Erat?). I remember thinking he was a decent goalie in that one start and has bounced around some since then. I wonder what he can do when he's not behind a #1.

B
- Edmo and the Yotes keeping pace
- The speed on Tampa was really evident

U
- Ehhhh

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
This team genuinely reminded me of the Latvian national team.

When you're employing such an aggressive forecheck your players are going to get tired as the game goes on, but if they can hold up mentally and get some support between the pipes, there aren't going to be any blowout losses even with such a talent deficient roster.

Murray has done everything to make sure the Sabres finish 30th. Love him or hate him, but Nolan has done everything to make sure they don't finish 30th. It's like watching a battle between the opposites. The Yin and the Yang. :D

Now, the only question is how long are the guys going to continue buying in into Nolan's philosophy. I mean, there's still over a month of hockey to be played.
The Slug logo kinda had a Yin/Yang feel.

Lindback didn't look terrible. But he did seem to have a lot of trouble tracking the puck after it struck him. His pads were definitely something new for me to see. All in all, the Sabres looked better than I expected them to.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I think Lindback missed half the game. He should put the puck on a milk carton because he had no idea where it was on most shots. He assumed he ate most pucks but gave up a bunch of rebounds without even realizing it. Tim's gotta be satisfied. Maybe he was just nervous but he didn't even get the best Lightning team. I wouldn't worry about him thieving points.

I wonder if we watched the same game. He was pretty solid positionally, and gave up very few rebounds. Pierre even commented on it.

G: Effort; My sister going to her first hockey game ever. She went with my niece and they had a great time.

B: Some wasted chances.

U: Not much

Had Tampa been playing a more offensively-gifted team last night, they would have lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad