Recalled/Assigned: Tyler Wotherspoon recalled

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
As per Flames
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=708280

CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames Hockey Club announced today that they have recalled defenceman Tyler Wotherspoon from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.

Wotherspoon is in his first professional season with the Abbotsford Heat after signing an entry level contract with the Calgary on March 31, 2013. Last season with the WHL champion Portland Winterhawks, he had career highs in points (37), assists (30) and tied his previous goal total (7) finished the regular season with an astounding +62 which was the second highest total in the WHL. He represented Canada at the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships scoring a goal and adding an assist in six games. Wotherspoon was drafted by the Flames in the 2nd round (57th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft.

48 Pro games played
1 Goal
9 Points
+13 Leads all Heat skaters in +/-

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Wow! I personally don't think he's ready, I'd personally call up Ramage. But Tspoon is so smart, he'll be just fine. This may actually fast track his development so I like it.

Man is our roster young!!

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Rather see a older Dman. Don't want to call them up too early. Cundari, Breen I would've preferd. Or even SOB and Smith

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Don't think he's ready, and personally I think he's gonna look pretty bad. Would rather have Billins up, especially since this is to replace Wideman and Billins is more offensive.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Awesome. Don't think he'll stick as a regular just yet but a taste of the NHL should be very beneficial.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Cool.

Can anyone enlighten me on how the 4 call ups rule works? This doesn't count as on of the 4 call ups because Wideman is going to IR. Am I correct?

I'd like to see the Flames give as many players as they possibly can short looks. Training camp for the 2014/15 season starts right now.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Happy to see him get a chance. He's lot ready for a lot of games but a taste should help show him what it takes if he's used properly.

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
Cool.

Can anyone enlighten me on how the 4 call ups rule works? This doesn't count as on of the 4 call ups because Wideman is going to IR. Am I correct?

I'd like to see the Flames give as many players as they possibly can short looks. Training camp for the 2014/15 season starts right now.

Probably an emergency callup

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Watched a couple Heat games this year and he is noticeably unnoticeable. Glad he's getting a shot, wonder who they pair him with as we have no righties in the lineup.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Watched a couple Heat games this year and he is noticeably unnoticeable. Glad he's getting a shot, wonder who they pair him with as we have no righties in the lineup.

That's his style. He's just a steady Dman, doesn't make too many mistakes. Can move the puck up, can play shutdown role

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Does anyone else think he looks like an assassin?

8476452.jpg

Really psyched to see him play tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille