News: Tyler Toffoli wants to stay in Vancouver- Whats a fair contract?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Tofolli did a media exit interview/meeting today.

Apparently loved living in Vancouver and loved playing with the young core. TT says he wont even talk to other teams until if and when its clear Vancouver is going on a different direction in signing him.

He solidified Vancouver's top 6. 10 pts in 10 reg season games. Got hurt in the playoffs ( broken foot) but still came back early later on in the playoffs and produced

whats a fair contract if Van is interested. 28yrs old

Staying with Vancouver Canucks a priority for free agent Tyler Toffoli - TSN.ca

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
honestly after watching him play, i can confidently say that he is better than Brock Boeser at this point in time.

Not to say Boeser wont get better becayse he is 23 yrs old but Tofolli makes that top 6 even waaaay better.

Key piece imo

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
honestly after watching him play, i can confidently say that he is better than Brock Boeser at this point in time.

Not to say Boeser wont get better becayse he is 23 yrs old but Tofolli makes that top 6 even waaaay better.

Key piece imo

Lol. Boeser's Career lows are right around Toffoli's career averages.

Over the past 3 season. It's not even close.

Boeser paces for 68pts/per 82 games
Toffoli paces for 44 points per 82 games

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Key piece imo
I will disagree with you on the overall Tofolli is better than Brock argument, but I agree 100% our top6 without Tofolli has Loui Eriksson on Horvat's wing. Tofolli should be priority #2 behind Tanev.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Toffoli mostly played for the Kings his entire career... Enough said.

True. I think toffoli is closer to a 55ish point guy on a team that is more offensively gifted which I why I think he's a good fit. Still think Boeser's better.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Lol. Boeser's Career lows are right around Toffoli's career averages.

Over the past 3 season. It's not even close.

Boeser paces for 68pts/per 82 games
Toffoli paces for 44 points per 82 games

Id say that Boeser is definitely more offensive minded and one dimensional but Tofolli is a better more complete player imo. battle level, board battles, play without the puck, backchecking etc...

Like i said tho, this is as of today this is probably the best Tofolli will be while Boeser is still growing and developing.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
That's sad for me, I really wanted to try and get him in Arizona but that's great news for Vancouver. I love the roster you guys have put together.

5-6m over 4-7 years. Might be worth giving him the extra 2 years to push the cap hit down.

Y1 $6m
Y2 $5.5m
Y3 5m
Y4 4.5m
Y5 4m
Y6 4m
Y7 $3m

$4.57m aav

Reactions: FreeMcdavid

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
How does Vancouver fit another 5 million dollar contract without hampering their ability to resign Hughes/EP/Demko down the line?

Reactions: Morrison

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Well, playing in a top 6 with talent will most likely net you the better contact eventually. With Vancouver, he'll be able to produce more than going elsewhere and bouncing between the lineup. I'm sure it'll be more fun for him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That's sad for me, I really wanted to try and get him in Arizona but that's great news for Vancouver. I love the roster you guys have put together.

5-6m over 4-7 years. Might be worth giving him the extra 2 years to push the cap hit down.

Y1 $6m
Y2 $5.5m
Y3 5m
Y4 4.5m
Y5 4m
Y6 4m
Y7 $3m

$4.57m aav
I think that's less than his current deal? I suppose you the extra years can help that, but I think he'll take a short contract and hope to earn a better deal than settle for 4.5 long term.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
He could probably get 6.5 on the open market so it depends on how much he wants to stay in Vancouver. Does he want to give up and extra 5-10 mil?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I wouldnt give him much, at least not enough for him to stay if I was Vancouver

Their cap already has a few bad bad hits on it and Tofolli’s for 5-6 years isnt a good idea IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad