Value of: Tyler Toffoli to Montreal

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Zero chance Toffoli returns a 1st. 2nd + prospect is more than fair.
Toffoli right now absolutely, however, should he have 15+ goals at the TDL... well, you better believe it be a 1st+... Hence , the FO is holding out hope he scores more and so they'll wait.. if he doesnt then its still a 2nd+

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Boston wanted to give a 1st for him last year? God, you, as in your gm, should've taken that even tho that ended up the 30th pick...
Sorry about that, I read your original post a little too fast. You should be able to get a 2nd + for him. Doubt he gets a 1st this year in what appears like a pretty strong and deep draft, but who knows.
Dude, the board was like WTF... then we remembered Luc is micro managing, so we understood lol

Reactions: jfhabs

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Boston offered a 1st Blake insisted on them included Studnicka.. No deal was done.. The Kings seems to be targeting specific things, Jake woul dhave been our 3rd/4th line center this season if that trade would have gone down.. As for the source Tomd, one of the poster on our board posted it last season but I cant remenber who.. It was one of those wtf moments where anyone would have taken that but the Kings.. No idea why they didnt really

first I have heard of Boston offering a first.

If Blake thinks he will get a 1st + he is out to lunch. Even with 50% retention I do not see it.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Boston offered a 1st Blake insisted on them included Studnicka.. No deal was done.. The Kings seems to be targeting specific things, Jake woul dhave been our 3rd/4th line center this season if that trade would have gone down.. As for the source Tomd, one of the poster on our board posted it last season but I cant remenber who.. It was one of those wtf moments where anyone would have taken that but the Kings.. No idea why they didnt really

You really need to provide some sources for these fantastic trades offers...I don't remember anything like that at all. Even Hoven the Hack didn't mention that (and he surely would have if true!).

Reactions: go4hockey

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I totally disagree. So far there has been interest in Tyler by boston calgary vancouver montreal now i see alot of interest and can see a bidding war coming so a 1st is not out of possibility
A 1st is not a possibility from the Habs.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I still wouldn’t expect a 1st, a 1st + is laughable
tell you what, take a look at the last few TDL deals and tell me how many of those trades were overpayments and how many fanbases probably said the same thing you're saying now?? You better believe GMs overpay and it'll be no different this TDL, guy slike Toffoli always become very attractive to contenders

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
A 1st is not a possibility from the Habs.
Nor do I think they need him. If this was 2-3 years down the road I would say yes but they arent contenders and shouldnt be remotely interested in a Tyler Toffoli.. This is more for a Boston, Carolina, Edmonton, maybe even a Calgary

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Toffoli right now absolutely, however, should he have 15+ goals at the TDL... well, you better believe it be a 1st+... Hence , the FO is holding out hope he scores more and so they'll wait.. if he doesnt then its still a 2nd+
Gustav Nyquist, Marcus Johansson and Ryan Dzingel didnt fetch 1st rnd pick last year even with good seasons. Even Mats Zuccarello was 2x2nd with big conditions to become 1sts.
I would drop my expectations.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wish Carolina needed a RW as a team with 2 firsts are the only ones I could see maybe ponying up.

Just for the fun of it:
TT to Carolina for Conditional first (Lower of Toronto and Carolina)

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
He'd have to go on a tear to merit more than a 2nd - and I don't follow the opinion of some on our board who say he's lazy. (Evidently, because he said in the off-season that our practices were terrible last year, he was was wrong to not fix them himself instead of complaining....or something.)

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Better performing players were dealt for 2nd round picks in last year’s trade deadline. Overzealous Kings fans need to temper their expectations of a player who notoriously no shows for long stretches. Toffoli isn’t worth a 1st nor will any team be offering one for him.

Reactions: funky

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
that was the reason almost went to a stanley cup final

oh right i forgot almost going to the final is just as good as winning...my bad.

I wonder where they would be now if they had traded all those high value UFAs when they could have over the past 10-12 years. Instead they let them walk for nothing because they had to make the playoffs and pray for a miracle.....

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Toffoli's numbers would most likely boost if traded to a contender , and as is, he's aiming a 50 pt season. That's fantastic to have that as your secondary scoring

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Thats in line with the guys that netted a 2nd+ last year.
While that is correct, should he continue to score..
Then his value would obviously go up..
BOS
BUF
NYI
EDM
PIT
TBL
and a few others could see him as the final/missing piece.. on a better team (we’re bottom 3) he would be able to play to his strengths and just snipe.. so a change of scenery would likely reactivate his offense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad