Value of: Tyler Toffoli to Montreal

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Not going to BS you, the Kings FO will hold on to Toffoli until damn near the TDL in hopes his scoring picks up more and they're able to exact a 1st+ for him... A change of scenery to a team that wil require to score first will get likely get a top 6 forward.. As you can see, our Kings team is in transition and many players would be better off on teams that have playoff aspirations..

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Not going to BS you, the Kings FO will hold on to Toffoli until damn near the TDL in hopes his scoring picks up more and they're able to exact a 1st+ for him... A change of scenery to a team that wil require to score first will get likely get a top 6 forward.. As you can see, our Kings team is in transition and many players would be better off on teams that have playoff aspirations..

He's been pretty quiet over the last two seasons with only 43 points in 122 games with a -20 rating. The Habs might be willing to give a 2nd round pick + a prospect.

Reactions: YP44

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
We aren't contenders, even less with Drouin out 2 months, Byron 1 month and Poehling not ready for the NHL. Keep the high pick and trade it at the draft (or even better, just draft another good prospect) for help next year when we'll be better.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
We aren't contenders, even less with Drouin out 2 months, Byron 1 month and Poehling not ready for the NHL. Keep the high pick and trade it at the draft (or even better, just draft another good prospect) for help next year when we'll be better.

The Habs have 12 draft picks in 2020... they can spare one to make a deep playoff run!

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
The Habs have 12 draft picks in 2020... they can spare one to make a deep playoff run!

Deep playoff run? We are 20 games in and we've been really lucky injury wise (until now). Let's wait at the deadline before talking about a deep playoff run.

Reactions: abo9

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Don't see you guys getting a 1st for him, 1st +? forget it unless he scores 15 by trade deadline.

Reactions: Slashers98

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Don't see you guys getting a 1st for him, 1st +? forget it unless he scores 15 by trade deadline.
This is exactly what I wrote in my post.. The FO is keeping him until closer to the TDL to try and maximize his value which of course is tied to his production.. Should he have 15-20 goals by the TDL, he's netting us that 1st+, as it stands now we could get a 2nd +.. keep in mind he sucked ass last season and Boston was ready to give us a 1st... Of course, Boston has SC aspirations while MTL is trying to build and sustain a constant playoff contender.. So depending on the team's position heading into the playoffs, Toffoli can be anything from the missing piece to a SCup or at 27YO a piece worth trading for and signing LT to grow with said team..
Boy was my comment long winded.. sorry guys

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He's been pretty quiet over the last two seasons with only 43 points in 122 games with a -20 rating. The Habs might be willing to give a 2nd round pick + a prospect.

This is what I hope he returns from a kings perspective. Not getting my hopes up some GM overpays with a 1st.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This is exactly what I wrote in my post.. The FO is keeping him until closer to the TDL to try and maximize his value which of course is tied to his production.. Should he have 15-20 goals by the TDL, he's netting us that 1st+, as it stands now we could get a 2nd +.. keep in mind he sucked ass last season and Boston was ready to give us a 1st... Of course, Boston has SC aspirations while MTL is trying to build and sustain a constant playoff contender.. So depending on the team's position heading into the playoffs, Toffoli can be anything from the missing piece to a SCup or at 27YO a piece worth trading for and signing LT to grow with said team..

Source for that? And if true, wouldn't the Kings have been crazy not to take it? Best info we have right now is that Blake didn't get any compelling offers for any of the Kings players other than Muzzin (which is why they remain Kings today).

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
With Drouin and Byron injured for several weeks, I try this guy for a 2nd at RW with KK or Suzuki. Anyway, even with all players available, this right wing does not get a lot of depth before Caufield moves to MTL, which could only be in 2020-21.

Reactions: Slashers98

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Boston wanted to give a 1st for him last year? God, you, as in your gm, should've taken that even tho that ended up the 30th pick...
Sorry about that, I read your original post a little too fast. You should be able to get a 2nd + for him. Doubt he gets a 1st this year in what appears like a pretty strong and deep draft, but who knows.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If Boston offered up a 1st, Tyler Toffoli would be wearing a spoked B right now. The Kings didn't turn down a 1st round pick for Toffoli because such an offer was never made, and the speculation was that with Toffoli's value being at its lowest point last season, the team opted to hang onto him in hopes that he'd rebound this season.

Reactions: go4hockey

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Source for that? And if true, wouldn't the Kings have been crazy not to take it? Best info we have right now is that Blake didn't get any compelling offers for any of the Kings players other than Muzzin (which is why they remain Kings today).
Boston offered a 1st Blake insisted on them included Studnicka.. No deal was done.. The Kings seems to be targeting specific things, Jake woul dhave been our 3rd/4th line center this season if that trade would have gone down.. As for the source Tomd, one of the poster on our board posted it last season but I cant remenber who.. It was one of those wtf moments where anyone would have taken that but the Kings.. No idea why they didnt really

Reactions: deaderhead28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad