Tyler Toffoli - - Ottawa 67's

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
I think it would take a minor miracle for him to play in the NHL next season. I never like to say anything is "impossible" when talking about propsects. But despite being a fan of Toffoli-the-OHL-scoring-star, I'm not a fan of his NHL potential at the moment. Great hands, but just doesn't have the feet or the intensity to be able to make a quick transition in the pros. I think he's more likely going to be a guy who serves a lengthy minor league apprenticeship, and then by the end of it, it's hit or miss whether he will have taken the necessary steps in his development as a pro to stick in the NHL or whether he becomes another of those classic cases of guys who can pile up numbers at lower levels but can never nail down the same role in the NHL (and can't do anything else well enough in the NHL to stick around either). I hope for the best for him, as a 67's fan, but temper my expectations at the next level. There are several better NHL prospects on the 67's than him IMHO.

I'm a big 67s fan and watches a lot of their games live. I share your opinion exactly.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I think it would take a minor miracle for him to play in the NHL next season. I never like to say anything is "impossible" when talking about propsects. But despite being a fan of Toffoli-the-OHL-scoring-star, I'm not a fan of his NHL potential at the moment. Great hands, but just doesn't have the feet or the intensity to be able to make a quick transition in the pros. I think he's more likely going to be a guy who serves a lengthy minor league apprenticeship, and then by the end of it, it's hit or miss whether he will have taken the necessary steps in his development as a pro to stick in the NHL or whether he becomes another of those classic cases of guys who can pile up numbers at lower levels but can never nail down the same role in the NHL (and can't do anything else well enough in the NHL to stick around either). I hope for the best for him, as a 67's fan, but temper my expectations at the next level. There are several better NHL prospects on the 67's than him IMHO.

It's kinda like Puempel, they don't stand out to you in any other ways but they possess a quality that is rare, high end scoring ability.

I like some other 67s more as prospects as well...only Sean Monahan has a chance to score 30 goals in the NHL of them.

I understand he gets PK time yes. Kinda difficult to score SH from the bench.

:facepalm:

Point being, he isn't much of a penalty killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad