Proposal: Tyler to take off eh to the great white north, err Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The original proposal is bad. It's way to complicated, like you're trying to solve all of your teams problems with one trade.

Tt retained is hopefully worth a 2nd + decent prospect or a late first (thats what la would be after)

Forbort is probably worth a decent prospect or a 2nd (with all the dmen injuries)

Perhaps simplify it by going after one player and only ditching one crap contract.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
First of all. Wtf is the title? This thread should be locked and burned to ground just based on that.

Second, just like the title, the proposal is hot garbage for LA. This is some serious delusional mental gymnastics by the OP.

Lock this garbage thread and ban OP from ever making a thread again.

Ban op, ROFL man you are mean, like I guess all posts must be college level dissertations. :O

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Toffoli with half his salary retained for Schaller (ufa cap dump), our 2nd and a prospect. I think that's fair value, there are no cap complications for Vancouver, no long term salary implications for the Kings who get their value, and the only question is which prospect.

Oh and no hot takes and snotty retorts or over the top bad proposals, cool? Cool.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Toffoli with half his salary retained for Schaller (ufa cap dump), our 2nd and a prospect. I think that's fair value, there are no cap complications for Vancouver, no long term salary implications for the Kings who get their value, and the only question is which prospect.

Oh and no hot takes and snotty retorts or over the top bad proposals, cool? Cool.

Probably not far off, but there are a few teams supposedly interested in TT. What prospect would you add?

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
He's on the move I think, so let's make Vancouver his destination station, and let's give both teams what they need, Van help now and shedding Dollars with Kings getting Prospects for the future while eating bad contracts now.

To Canucks :

- Tyler Toffoli 4.6 Mill
- Dereck Forbort 2.5 Mill
-

To Los Angeles Kings :

- Bradon Sutter 4.3
- Jamie Benn 2.0 Mil
- Sven Bartschi 3.6 Mil
- The rights to Nikita Tryamkin or Oli Juolevi
- Aidan McDonough prospect
-

Van gets two players now and sheds pesos on this deal, Kings get decent replacements [I said decent did not claim as good or near as good] take on cash but get an excellent tier two defensive prospect and and up and coming American sniper prospect. Tyler and Dereck wash out salary pretty much with Sutter and Benn. So LA takes on Sven Bucks for two years and these players will help LA looks like they want a vaiable roster while promoting their chances at higher picks.
Woof.

This is trash.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Probably not far off, but there are a few teams supposedly interested in TT. What prospect would you add?

I mean I'd want someone like Brisebois or Lockwood, and I'm sure that wouldn't be enough. Juolevi is a bit of an overshoot valuewise for me, as would be Rafferty or Podkolzin. What position are we looking to fill?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The problem with threads like this is that the OP's rather one-sided deal will end up with counter proposals that are just as off-base. Toffoli is worth more than a bunch of cap dumps but he's also not getting you a bluechip prospect.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The problem with threads like this is that the OP's rather one-sided deal will end up with counter proposals that are just as off-base. Toffoli is worth more than a bunch of cap dumps but he's also not getting you a bluechip prospect.

The OP's proposal ranks as one of the worst ever on this site. I have never seen anything more egregious.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I mean I'd want someone like Brisebois or Lockwood, and I'm sure that wouldn't be enough. Juolevi is a bit of an overshoot valuewise for me, as would be Rafferty or Podkolzin. What position are we looking to fill?

Yeah, we are probably after someone with a higher ceiling (probably a younger more boom or bust type prospect) Id just be after adding more skill and creativity, not too worried about position.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm going to try to use OP to break it down simply. But Kings fans have typically been reasonably asking for:

TT = 2nd and a good prospect or a late 1st from a team high in the standings
Forbort = 2nd and a 4th

What's being offered:
9.9 million in cap of warm bodies;
Juolevi
McDonogh

I would think the NEARLY 10 MILLION IN CAP SPACE is worth a bit on its own.

If we simplified it and made it TT and Forbort for Juolevi and a 2nd and a 3rd, I'd be down (but to be fair I'm not sure where Juolevi stands now). If we're also taking a shitload of cap space in players that are useless to LA, I'd be asking for a 1st and a 2nd.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
I'm going to try to use OP to break it down simply. But Kings fans have typically been reasonably asking for:

TT = 2nd and a good prospect or a late 1st from a team high in the standings
Forbort = 2nd and a 4th

What's being offered:
9.9 million in cap of warm bodies;
Juolevi
McDonogh

I would think the NEARLY 10 MILLION IN CAP SPACE is worth a bit on its own.

If we simplified it and made it TT and Forbort for Juolevi and a 2nd and a 3rd, I'd be down (but to be fair I'm not sure where Juolevi stands now). If we're also taking a ****load of cap space in players that are useless to LA, I'd be asking for a 1st and a 2nd.

Fair enough... add another tier 2 prospect and we ok. Who you want?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, we are probably after someone with a higher ceiling (probably a younger more boom or bust type prospect) Id just be after adding more skill and creativity, not too worried about position.

Our higher ceiling guys are still projecting well. Last year I'd have offered Lind or Juolevi, but they both seem to be righting the ship. Tryamkin is a different take on "boom or bust", as he's ready and the question is when, or if, he returns. DiPietro is a solid goalie prospect...which means boom or bust. Madden, Hoglander, Podkolzin and most of our other high skill guys are guys we will need going forward. It's tough to say, I mean DP would probably fit the bill, assuming the Kings aren't opposed to a goalie prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad