Proposal: Tyler to take off eh to the great white north, err Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Holy **** this is awful for LA. Here's a bunch of junk, now give us your good players.

Vancouver doesn't have the picks or prospects to get Toffoli.

Toffoli isn’t exactly an elite player. Everyone has the prospects for him. Not that VAN would even entertain the idea of moving any of their top guys for him

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The dump was Bartschi..... thats it. Rest is player swaps and they are not rip offs. Its the $$$ that is only thing I think is over done here slightly, and well if two prospects (one NHl ready D man) is not enough then I am glad you are no GM.
Sutter is overpaid by 1.875 million of course he is a dump. There will be better 4.375 million players available on the free agent market. Baertschi is a stiff. Benn will be 33 next year. You really think the Kings are trying to rebuild with 33 year old no 6 d-men? To take that 9 million off your books its take a 1 at a minimum and that is NOT including Toffoli's or Forbert's value. So for 9 million I can take a 2, b+ prospect Pageau and Gudas in free agency. Or nice but overpaid 3rd liner, stiff geezer and suspects for rebuilding club. WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
LA does not want all your turds. The pieces you asked for are available but we would want picks and prospects and not all the junk you want to dump.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
The initial offer is absolute junk.

But you're being crazy if you think the Canucks don't have the prospects for Toffoli. Every single team in the NHL has the prospects for Toffoli

Would Vancouver management be willing to move Hoglander or Podkolzin? I doubt it, so then Vancouver doesn't have the prospects for a Toffoli trade.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Would Vancouver management be willing to move Hoglander or Podkolzin? I doubt it, so then Vancouver doesn't have the prospects for a Toffoli trade.

And why on earth is Toffoli commanding those two prospects? His one season over 50 points? His one season over 25 goals? VAN has a handful of prospects that would be of fine value to LA coupled with a pick.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls

There are other prospects I'd take for Toffoli. I'd obviously take Podkolzin because he's a name but I'm not overly high on his upside.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009

They would be dumb to do that. But if they did LA would take it and run. So the Canucks do have the prospects for Toffoli. Also if Vancouver came to LA and offered Madden and a 3rd I have a feeling they would take it if they can't re-sign Toffoli

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Jordie Benn= 2 mil
Sven Baertschi= 3,366,666
Brandon Sutter= 4.375
plus all are signed for another season = almost 19.5 million

for
Toffoli+Forbort= 6.525 million

Start with your best prospect and continue to add or close this up

Not a fan of either team, but while the original proposal is garbage, asking a top prospect for Toffoli + Forbort is nearly equally hilarious.

Both nice players, for sure, but nowhere near elite.

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Not a fan of either team, but while the original proposal is garbage, asking a top prospect for Toffoli + Forbort is nearly equally hilarious.

Both nice players, for sure, but nowhere near elite.
Its Toffoli + Forbort + 9.5 million of cap space for next year for Pod

Last edited:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The Kings can retain on the players they trade out, but I don't think they need to take salary dumps back. Futures, picks and prospects, are what they will target at the deadline.

They absolutely won't need to accept anyone with salary owed past this season.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Mike Dipietro
Sven Baertschi
Conditional 3rd round pick 2021

for

Toffoli

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad