Confirmed with Link: Tyler Steenbergen signs ELC

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Cool.

Next Keith Yandle? Later round pick that hits for us. We almost never get those :laugh:

Though TBH I wasn't terribly impressed by him the few times I saw him at the WJC. He was pretty good at the stupid prospect camps though.

I like that he at least has some size. Not big by any stretch but not Garland small.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Cool.

Next Keith Yandle? Later round pick that hits for us. We almost never get those :laugh:

Though TBH I wasn't terribly impressed by him the few times I saw him at the WJC. He was pretty good at the stupid prospect camps though.

I like that he at least has some size. Not big by any stretch but not Garland small.

He was hardly playing at the WJC and WJC always gets overvalued. Will be interesting to see how he does next year in the pros without his sidekick Hepo.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
In some years, Steenbergen will get the job of introducing day two on the NHL-entry-draft program ;-).

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
What does this mean?

I thought I was funny. They ask someone who was a steal to do this, right? Like, Lundquist did this last year. Sorry.

(that would be the entry-draft show, perhaps. I wrote "program", might have been the wrong word.)
(edited twice for less unclarity.)

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Steenbergen has a chance to be good in the NHL imo. He is a quick, opportunistic sniper. He is small (but Marner is small) but is kind of feisty. He goes to the net. It would be a feel good story for the franchise if he can make it.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Anybody watching Moose Jaw vs. Swift Current? (Burke vs. Steenbergen) Series is tied 2-2.

I saw in the highlights that Steenbergen took a shot up high and left the last game and didn't return.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Could be a dark horse to crack the Coyotes roster. He is a sniper that can skate.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
He has a good 3-4" on Garland. He looks like a Rieder with a shot to me.

Edit: he is listed as the same height as Garland 5'10". For some reason I thought Garland was listed as 5'8" and even that was a stretch.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'll be thrilled if he becomes an AHL star tweener. Not optimistic on him becoming an NHL player. But I'd much rather we keep swinging for the fences with later picks than pick up more "safe" prospects to become 4th liners or AHL plugs.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'll be thrilled if he becomes an AHL star tweener. Not optimistic on him becoming an NHL player. But I'd much rather we keep swinging for the fences with later picks than pick up more "safe" prospects to become 4th liners or AHL plugs.
The more balls you have in the drum the greater the chance you win against the odds. Fill the drum year after year and take the skill and skating the lower the pick, one will eventually turn out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->