Confirmed with Link: Tyler Randell and Tommy Cross Re-signed

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=771399

Good to see Randell back. Sounds like he made big strides last year and could be in the mix for the 4th line RW/13th Forward spots next year.

Surprising to see Cross back but happy for him considering he's been in the organization forever. Don't know if he'll ever be an NHLer but the Bruins need depth on LD with only Arnesson signed for Providence (assuming Morrow is in Boston) and he's been a good soldier for them.

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
Hopefully Randell will be playing on 4th line from start of season. Maybe Cross will be a super late bloomer and can be a back-up/7th D

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Time to finally usher in the new era of a Tommy Cross led Boston D. Welcome 2 da future!!!
Just can't let go of the dream!

but..really..Cross has improved in his time in Providence...guess it's ok for depth down there.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
oh, oh....what about Florek and Flick. Both are RFA's. Spooner has to be dealt with and Knight is gone (but the Wild know they stole him and he'll be back) but Justin Florek is Bruce Caissidy's number one guy. Sweeney would not do this to Butch, would he?

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
oh, oh....what about Florek and Flick. Both are RFA's. Spooner has to be dealt with and Knight is gone (but the Wild know they stole him and he'll be back) but Justin Florek is Bruce Caissidy's number one guy. Sweeney would not do this to Butch, would he?

If they're RFA's, there's a chance they re-sign at the league minimum, 2-way deals. Also a chance they sign AHL contracts as the B's are inching closer to the 50-contract maximum.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Cross actually did improve this year, and it took about the same time for Boychuk to break in, so there's still a possibility he can be a viable call up this year. He's very strong and typically elevates his game in big moments

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If they're RFA's, there's a chance they re-sign at the league minimum, 2-way deals. Also a chance they sign AHL contracts as the B's are inching closer to the 50-contract maximum.

I'd resign Florek- he does a lot well. I wish he was a bit quicker. Very honest player hopefully he and Flick are brought back - really only size they had up front

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good point about AHL contract
I'd resign Florek- he does a lot well. I wish he was a bit quicker. Very honest player hopefully he and Flick are brought back - really only size they had up front

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Back where?

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Randell could be interesting in camp. Don't see Cross making the big time but I'm just a fan so I don't know the ins and outs. Either way, he's gone out of his way to be a leader on the PBruins so it's good to have him back for that alone.

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA
Cross completed four seasons at Boston College where he played in 134 games, and scored 17 goals, tallied 43 assists and 171 penalty minutes. Cross won the NCAA National Championship with BC in 2010 and 2012 and was named Assistant Captain his junior season and then Captain his senior season with the Eagles.

The 6’3’’, 210-pound forward was drafted by Boston in the second round (35th overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

If he actually was a forward he might have been called up already.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Now that all these important signings are done, Sweeney can now take care of the secondary stuff like extending Hamilton, trading Kelly, deciding what he'll do with Lucic and Loui entering their last contract year and other possible roster moves...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cross is an excellent team guy do in glad for him . Kinda shows hockey means something to him as well .

He got better- also, he is accountable and stood up for teammates. Smart signing

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
has tommy cross graduated from college yet

seriously he only went to college for the usual 4 years but it felt like 10

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Now that all these important signings are done, Sweeney can now take care of the secondary stuff like extending Hamilton, trading Kelly, deciding what he'll do with Lucic and Loui entering their last contract year and other possible roster moves...

Waiting to see what the Cap will be.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good point about AHL contract

I'd bring Florek back, big body, can kill penalties.

Flick as well. Both are legitimate options for that 4th line LW spot which is a bit open, especially depending what they do with Kelly and Talbot.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Happy to see Tommy back. Solid D depth whom the Bs should be comfortable calling up in the event of injuries. He was a big contributor to the ProBs last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad