OT: Tyler "Prodigy" Benson Debuting tonight

Betamax*

IIRC, Bob McKenzie said he translated well as a WHL star, but not necessarilly as an NHL star. I'm curious as to what made him say that (it was on his Twitter when the Giants drafted him).

FYI, on TEAM Radio this afternoon, TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button was on with The Moj and suggested that having watching him which includes the tourney's "Prodigy" was involved in, he suggested that his playing style was comparable to an Iggy or Jamie Benn.

JBIZ14

Nov 22, 2007
Lethbridge
I was talking to a Giants scout for Alberta and he was raving about this kid. Said he is the real deal and they expect to be contending for the memorial cup in 2 years.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
khAAz42.jpg

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No points, He busted in from of our eyes everybody

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
IIRC when he was 15 Steven(sp) Anthony was projected to be the first overall pick in his draft year, I think we got him in the 7th round.

Anyone knows where he is now? Utica, Kalamazoo, the Swiss league?

You never know what's going to happen with kids that young.

He might decide that girls are more fun to play with than pucks and god knows he will have more than his fair share of chances with all the young puck bunnies! Lucky bastrd

Skill alone will only take you so far after that it is dedication and hard work that will allow a player to take the next steps.

Last edited:

RTN

Be Kind, Rewind
Aug 28, 2008
In bantam, it still has a lot to do with you size. I know a few guys who didn't bloom until first year midget. From the very small amount of time I've seen this kid play, I understand the potential and his success to date, but I haven't seen anything that is a for-sure when it comes to translating to the NHL. We'll see in 2 years.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Though Cogliano has at least become a solid checker for Anaheim, Oilers could really use him right now.

...Which often seems to be the case with many players they trade away :laugh:

Hall - ???? - Penner
Perron - Gagner - Hemsky
Torres - Stoll - Cogliano
Brodziak - Gordon - Horcoff

Visnovsky / N. Schultz
Souray / Smid
Gilbert / Ference

Bryzgalov

HAHA! I fixed the Oilers!

Except they haven't had a solid 1C in years, and I don't trust RNH. Too bad.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
RNH is a good offensive player. Just shrimpy, bad defensively, and will get injured.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
hahaha. and when they draft my (not yet conceived) sons first overall in 2033 and 2035, watch out.

You're planning to raise two sons capable of being drafted 1st overall and they're not even going to be twins? What kind of Canuck fan are you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad